• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Mike’s Custom Shop; Montana

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

kirkbridgershooters

There have been many concerns about Sako rifles and Mike’s Custom Shop in Hamilton, Montana. I have done business with Mike and made trades with him over the phone. I bought a Colt Sauer that I showed him with a text photo and he quoted me a price for it in trade on another Colt Sauer of his that I wanted. When I got to his shop, he showed me the rifle I wanted and allowed me the same amount he quoted me from the pictures.

There are other similar deals I have had with Mike and I will continue to work with him, as I have full confidence in his honesty with me. Mike called me today wanting to get my help to get onto the Sako Collector’s site to be able to exchange information on guns he has or others he has experience with. It matters to him that people will trust him and his inventory that he does sell.

This isn’t just to use the site for his business, but to be able to freely exchange information on Sako rifles. He was questioned some time ago about the origin of a particular rifle that he had for sale and when it wasn’t immediately verifiable, he pulled it off the market.

There is a lot to be thankful for in this site and I am glad to be a small part of it. I also believe that fairness must prevail and am glad to help Mike as he considers this site to be worthy of it’s input and knowledge as he deals with a commodity we all like to share.

I hope this helps clear up some of the misunderstanding of what Shop to deal with in Hamilton, Montana. I am more than happy to answer any other questions that might arise with either shop in Hamilton as I have done business with both. Feel free to PM me in that regard.

We would certainly welcome Mike here as a member! When a question comes up about a rifle it is great to have a place that the seller can openly address those questions and perhaps get some help from members who might have personal knowledge of whatever issue has arisen. I understand that Mike has dealt in lots of Sakos for many years, so his input generally would be a contribution to the breadth of information on the forum.

There's a Night and Day difference between the two shops. I know that members here have been mixed up with who is who because both dealers live in the same town and both have almost identical names.
I've dealt with both and Mike's shop is the one that I trust. The other use to be on this forum but left after most of the member figured him out.
So Mike if your coming on board, Welcome!

There's a Night and Day difference between the two shops. I know that members here have been mixed up with who is who because both dealers live in the same town and both have almost identical names.
I've dealt with both and Mike's shop is the one that I trust. The other use to be on this forum but left after most of the member figured him out.
So Mike if your coming on board, Welcome!
What's the "other shop"? And what were the problems with it?

What's the "other shop"? And what were the problems with it?
The other one is just called "The Custom Shop" & is the one on the TV Show called "The Gunfather". We've caught him misrepresenting Sakos in his ads. He has participated here but hasn't been around for a long time. I've dealt with his wife on some scopes & the transaction was good & businesslike. It's just that he tries to pull the wool over peoples eyes on some of his Sako put togethers & restorations that he asks several thousand for that disappoints. I will say, however, they do beautiful work!

Is sako source any relation to either of the ones in the conversation?I visit that site quite a bit. The rifles do not seam as polished as the ones I see on Mikes, but I shoot my Sako’s and they would fit right in sako source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is sako source any relation to either of the ones in the conversation?I visit that site quite a bit. The rifles do not seam as polished as the ones I see on Mikes, but I shoot my Sako’s and they would fit right in sako source.

No relation at all...

Ok, so I just spent some time on google. Mikes, does not have a website...from what I could find. The other shop does. Too bad, I would love to see his inventory. Any ways if he’s going to be joining This forum, that’s going to be really good. Awesome!

Ok great thank you. I ask because I see the forums ads on there for certificates IIRC.

I am sending Mikes custom shop a check tomorrow for some items I bought from him. Very nice gentleman. I will be a returning customer undoubtedly. He was very easy to talk to and very knowledgeable about Sako's. I was looking for a hard to find part. Just for spite, I called him because I know of him through these forums and I am very pleased I did so. I learned from our conversation over the phone, he used to have a brick an mortar shop in town but has since retired from the brick and mortar store front life and works mainly out of his private shop. He does not have a website. If you are wanting a rifle, give him a call as he very well may have what you want. Not everything he has in inventory is posted for sale on guns international.

Back