• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Mannlicher end cap removal steps and tricks

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

enotstehw

Banned
Coming soon . . . . . this is my busy time of the year. Please be patience.
I need to take some photos to have good clear instructions.
Removing the end . . . . cap can sometimes be nerve racking.
So . . . . I'll post a few tips on removing the end caps.

Attachments

• IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The first and most easy step is to remove, the small end cap screw, both floor plate screws and the barrel band screw. I do this . . . to remove all pressure from the stock on the barrel.
Next . . . . grab the end cap with your thumb and fingers and gently pull and wiggle from side to side . . . all the time pulling forward on the end cap.
This works about 90% of the time.
Never try using a set of pliers or vice grips . . . these items will just put more pressure on the end cap . . . causing it to grip tighter.

Trick # two. Grab you wifes blow dryer . . . . and heat up the end cap with the blow dryer. This causes the end cap to expand a little . . . and then use your thumb and finger to pull on the end cap. If this fails . . . . we will move on to trick # 3.

Trick # 3. Rest a bit and drink a beer. Or say a prayer
Grab your thinnest screw driver and your duck tape and do this.
Put a strip of duck tape on your screw driver . . . as shown in the photo.
Please notice both sides and the tip are covered by the duck tape.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Next gently . . . very gently insert the screw driver as in this photo.

Stop . . . if the end cap has any signs of rust . . . or it is damaged.

But if your end cap looks healthy . . . gently tip the handle of the screw driver in the direction of the receiver very slowly with no downward pressure. You do not want to scratch your barrel. Even thought the tip of the screw driver is covered with tape.

This action will force the screw driver against the front sight end and the tip will kick forward against the top ring of the end cap.

This trick has never failed me yet. But . . . it must be preformed with gentleness and smoothness . . . never with a jerking or swift motion.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 28
Back