• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Magnum reaserch

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Magnum300

Hey everyone new to the forum and sako world. Bought a magnum reaserch mountain eagle with a sako action from a good friend, his dad had the rifle built many years ago. I've been trying to research what action it is and have had no luck. In need of a new stock thank you!

From what I've been able to dig up most of the Mountain Eagles were long actions, 270 Win, 30-06, 7 Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag etc. and therefore were L691 actions. If yours is a medium action it will be an M591.
If you tell us what chambering it is that will help.

Post a closeup pic of the action and the guys here can ID it pretty quickly.

The MR Mountain Eagles were built on "91" actions (L691, M591, S491) which were specially made by Sako for Magnum Research. They had a round top contoured the same as a Remington 700 and used the same scope mount bases as the Remington. They were built with Kreiger barrels and HS Precision stocks, if I recall correctly. The only one I've worked with exhibited excellent accuracy. The vast majority of them were in the long and magnum calibers on the L action, but I have seen a .223 on the S action. I can't recall seeing one on the M action (.243, .308, etc.) but I'm guessing that they did produce some.

The rifle is chambered in 300 win mag. Haven't tried out to many brands of ammo but so far it likes hornady superformance but has a bit of trouble ejecting the shells out once fired. Here's a few pictures of the action. Thanks for the information guys starting to like this forum more and more!

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back