1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Valuation Help

Discussion in 'Sako Finnwolf VL63 lever actions' started by Mike Luciano, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Mike Luciano

Mike Luciano Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Idaho
    Good Day All,

I have a Finnwolf .308 that was given to me by my dad. SN#4303 w/ a period correct Redfield 3x9 scope and an extra magazine. All are in very good to excellent condition. Stock and a couple of minor dents, bluing looks great. Trying to figure out a value, as I'm going to be selling this gun. Any info. would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    I sent you a PM

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Clean Finnwolfs have been going in the $1,500 range recently. A magazine by itself is worth somewhere north of $200. The old Redfields are good scopes but don't bring too much money. If the scope is mounted in original factory Sako rings that adds; if in Redfield rings that is neutral, and if in Weaver rings that deducts. Modifications such as added pad, removed sights, missing sight hood, vented barrel or muzzle brake, etc. will lower those values some. Finally, condition is always in the eye of the beholder and what one person calls "nice", or "clean", or "95%" may look worse to some other buyer.

Here's one on the open market which describes much like yours. Watch it sell in a couple of days and that will give you a sense of where the market is right now. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/698757958

4. Mike Luciano

Mike Luciano Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Idaho
    Here are some photos of the gun that I took yesterday.

IMG_20170930_104815221.jpg IMG_20170930_104836267.jpg IMG_20170930_105036853.jpg IMG_20170930_104848709.jpg IMG_20170930_105021839.jpg IMG_20170930_105044440.jpg IMG_20170930_105125202.jpg IMG_20170930_105106940.jpg IMG_20170930_105053041.jpg

Attached Files:

5. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    The best time to sell your gun is Feb. on gunbroker. Start the listing late Sunday night and run it for two weeks, starting at a penny. I'd hang on to the second clip and sell it separately.

6. Coyote Down

Coyote Down Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maine
    WOW. That Wolf looks handsome in the darker wood. I might classify the stock as just barely north of light handling marks. Still a nice piece however.