Lilja barrel fit in my Quad Varmint stock???

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Big Cat Daddy, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Big Cat Daddy

Big Cat Daddy Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Hello. I could use some help please. I have a wood stock Quad Varmint in 17HMR. I'm wanting to buy a Lilja 22LR barrel for it, preferably the Sandberg taper. Does anyone know how that would fit and look in the varmint barrel channel?
    Would you suggest the straight tapered Lilja barrel? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you,

Jim D
    SE Texas
    email: danielj2222@gmail.com

2. Sako Fan

Sako Fan Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    Jim,
    I had a Euro Optics Quad build several years ago that I regret parting with that had the varmint barrel in a Sako varmint stock. I ordered 2 of the Sunberg taper barrels you are talking about from Lilja in a 17hmr and 22mag 18 inches long because I wanted to drop some weight as I walk a lot when hunting. They fit and look real nice in the barrel channel. It is 1 rifle I truly regret ever selling. It is on the top of my list to build another custom quad. If I can find some pictures that I took of the rifle when I sold it I will post them up for you.

3. 22Sako

22Sako Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I have the same setup with my P94S and it looks fine.