1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

L61r deluxe stock

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by Fubarredz, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Fubarredz

Fubarredz Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    IMG_1218.PNG IMG_1217.PNG IMG_1216.PNG IMG_1215.PNG IMG_1214.PNG Is this a Pre Garcia deluxe stock? How do you tell the difference?

2. Unclekax

Unclekax Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    The one in the photos is what I call a BMW, meaning "been messed with".
    It looks as if the sling attachment swivel in the rear is original,
    however the front has been replaced with a stud.
    The butt pad is a replacement and not original and
    there has been an attempt to "bed the action" as evidenced by the bedding compound.
    The fact that it has the contrasting fore end tip and skip line checkering marks it as having been a Deluxe.
    Now it is a BMW.

3. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    The pre garcia Sako has a smaller diameter barrel, hence the true indicator will be the diameter of the barrel channel.
    It appears the recoil lug is the same type found on the pre garcia guns. However the recoil lug can be easily changed.
    I always shy away from any stock that has been glassed.
    Now if the seller offers returns, you have nothing to lose, except your gun will now have the horrible looking recoil pad.

4. Fubarredz

Fubarredz Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Well this is my old stock it's at 1968 L61r was looking to dress it up. And the guy offered me a 100%refund if I didn't like the stock. IMG_0134.JPG

5. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Well . . . it all depends on your judgment. The Deluxe has a silver inlayed floor plate that runs around $350.00 . . . if you can find one. So . . . your gun with the Deluxe stock will be lacking the proper floor plate. And if and when . . . it comes up for sale, all Deluxe buyers will be offended because it has the wrong floor plate.

6. Fubarredz

Fubarredz Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    It's a airloom. Never gonna be up for sale! I watch ebay every day if a deluxe floor plate ever comes up for sale I'll be buying it

enotstehw likes this.
  7. enotstehw

enotstehw Banned

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Oh. . . a heirloom . . . Hmmmmmm . . . . I always thought items that were heirlooms . . . were best restored back to the original item . . . but hey . . . your in Texas . . . and what ever Texans do . . . they do.

8. Fubarredz

Fubarredz Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Yes we do. We do things different then them yankees up north in those Obama lovin' states.

enotstehw likes this.