• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L61R 338 Win Mag new acquisition

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

If you look at my collection http://24.172.105.90/guns/sakos/ and especially at the Deluxe Forester (early gun) and the Finnbear 7mm Mag you'll see two distinctly different pad waffle patterns. The 7 Mag seems to look more like the ones pictured above.

The whole FACTORY PAD episode is bothersome to me. Normally a member of a group would obtain and offer for a reasonable profit some parts obtained. However in this instance I believe REASONABLE has been exceeded. And if someone offered to purchase multiple units, reason has it that a discount may be available for expediting sale of your holdings. I will shoot my SAKO's with sagging pads and enjoy them. At some point I may replace them with a quality pad installed by a competent stock man. But it goes against my grain to be exploited by someone asking for tripple the value.

I would like to have a few more models of SAKO. I'm not interested in having one of each. But the small 7mm Finish cartridge intrigues me. And I'm still on the prowel for a pre-Garcia Forester 22-250 with white outline pistol grip.

I owned a pre-Garcia 30-06 which was a Firearms Intl import. Nice gun, had a different barrel contour, not marked Bofors Steel, and shot beautifully. But I sold it and bought an earlier gun to make most of my collection the same vintage.

I actually prefer that guns NOT be equipped with pads. However I don't get to vote on such.

Dave

Well I bought a replacement pad from Custom Shop. It was shipped promptly and nicely packed. I'll post some pics when I eventually get it installed but turkey season is almost here so it may be awhile.

Back