1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

L579 Bolt guide Retaining Clip Needed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sako parts' started by boyracer, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. boyracer

boyracer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    A friend of mine broke this clip while disassembling the bolt for his early L579 .308. He was unable to find one online and several phone calls proved unsuccessful. Can anyone help out? Thanks

2. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Try midwest gun works - they used to have them.

3. boyracer

boyracer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Thanks for the suggestion. I called them and they do not have it.

4. boyracer

boyracer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Minnesota
    Here's an update-I've made many calls with no success. One of this boards very generous members is pretty sure he has one but will not be able to check until sometime in December.

I would like to make another request for help in locating this part.

The part is sometimes called a bolt guard strip ring, a bolt guide ring, or most commonly, a bolt guide retaining clip. I've seen two different part numbers, 217-42 and 1530160. Remember this is for a L579 action.

5. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    PM sent.

DeerGoose

6. Ben Wrick

Ben Wrick Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Hello, this is my first post, although I have creeped on this site for awhile. I am in the same situation with needing a guide spring. I disassembled my wife's 579 and cleaned everything, but somehow lost the guide spring. My wife is not happy to put it lightly, she has put a lot of meat in the freezer with this rifle and is the only one she will hunt with. Can anyone help a guy in the doghouse?