1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

L579 .308 with Beretta Import Stamp

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Phildo141, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Phildo141

Phildo141 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Hello all,

I just bought a .308 L579 with a Beretta Import Stamp. It is a 5 digit serial number #33xxx which in Sako's serial number listing on their website would have been manufactured before 1973. I am confused as with my limited knowledge I thought Beretta started importing Sako well after they stopped producing that action.

Anyone know what this is?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    If the stamp is on the barrel, my "guess" would be that it is a L579 action that was rebarreled with a barrel from a newer model Sako. A pic would be helpful in determining what you have.

3. ricksengines

ricksengines Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Welcome to the forum. Whenever you ask questions please be sure to provide pics of the rifle you are asking about. We always encourage our first time members to post pics of their Sakos any way for all to enjoy. Some do and some don't but it usually boils down to providing enough info including pics if you want a meaningful answer to your question.

rick

4. Phildo141

Phildo141 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Here is is it of the stock.

Attached Files:

5. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag: