L46 7 x 33 riihimaki deluxe

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by topgear, Nov 23, 2013.

1. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Amen to that!

To your point, I've run across a couple of rifles from one particular seller which have been sold as fully original. It only takes a brief examination by someone familiar with Sako features to see that one part or another simply doesn't match, meaning that the rifles were "put togethers" or refurbished in some manner. Now, there's certainly nothing wrong with restoring a Sako or taking parts from another gun to make it whole, but to sell it as "original" without noting the non-original features is simply fraud. It is rare, but it happens.

Like Em indicates, it would be a huge victory for Sako enthusiasts if years of factory records were to suddenly materialize!

2. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Crest
    Good Afternoon Sako Lovers,

Talking about Sako L46 receivers and thier markings, I have noticed various photo's of L46's over the years that read differently. For instance my 1952 .22 Hornet reads Oy Sako Riihimaki No: 9419. Others -
    Oy Sako ab Riihimaki No: xxxx, and others Sako Riihimaki No: xxxx. I know what the oy & ab stand for, but I wonder why the Sako Company in the 1950's did not keep the markings the same? Any one out in the world know why?

Sincerely

Blackjack AKA Mike The Limey

3. L-46

L-46 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Black jack,
    Do you have any photos of your action,
    As a general rule the first action stamping ran out by about the 3xxx mark and the same stamping ran right through till, the action was stamped L46 and L469 from about 40xxx. During this time the actions were stamped three ways till the end of production.
    L-46

4. Steve Andrew

Steve Andrew Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland

Funny you should say this.. I have a Factory made Super Deluxe special order, absolutely beautiful rifle, it was made when the limited run Safaris were made in 375 H&H but mine is 416 Rem mag nothing on the floor plate?