I think I found a rare one. L461 Single Shot 17-222 Custom

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by ricksengines, Mar 16, 2018.

1. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    In all the years I've participated on this forum this is the first time I've witnessed profanity used. If that's the only way you can express yourself, maybe you should find another venue.

L61R likes this.

2. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Exactly! One time is one time. Two times is one time too many.

Jim

3. cl_leg

cl_leg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Resized_20180501_154023.jpeg Resized_20180501_154036.jpeg Resized_20180501_154141.jpeg Resized_20180501_154119.jpeg I was at the local gun store today and as the guy behind the counter sees me he says "being a Sako guy you might like this". Reaches behind him and shows me a L461 single shot with a highly polished sporter 223 barrel with a walnut thumbhole stock. Obvious to me it was custom but it was real nice. So nice i gave it back him immediately as i wasnt there to buy a rifle. I should have taken a pic and will do next week. Good thing i dont fancy thumbhole stocks or it most likely came home with me.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  4. Northern

Northern Member

Country Flag:
    Norway
    State/Region:
    other
    I have two Sako Single shot actions.

AI and AII.
    They have a solid bottom, not pinned in, and both come with the Target trigger. Both set insanely light.
    They do however, have a third action screw, in the middle of the loading port.
    Not sure if that was standard or some bench rester decided to modify it. Anybody know?

A few years ago, I almost bought a Sako AIII or AV? single shot action, with magnum face.. regret it now, but it did not have the target trigger or the integral recoil lug, but rather the loose "L" bracket design.

5. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    The ‘L691’ had the non integral L shaped recoil lug. Perhaps it was that model ?

6. deersako

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Hard to find a custom gun I like, especially with a thumb hole stock,but I certainly like that one.

7. ricksengines

ricksengines Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Hi Folks

I owe everyone an apology as I have not posted the pics of the single shot receiver and the four PPC Sakos that I sad I would. Been pretty busy raising the two chocolate lab pups we rescued and am still nursing a full knee replacement jobberdo so its been nary impossible to get to the safe and pull the rifles for photographs. When my daughter comes in off the road I'll aske her to give me a hand fetching them and taking pics so I can post. I'm sure for most it will be worth the wait.

In the mean time if you haven't ever seen a near perfect L46 in Hornet I just snagged one and will photo it at the same time. What a luck out as something like this only comes along once in a lifetime and I just happened to be there and was lucky enough to win the auction. Went down while I was in the hospital recovering from the surgery and was really excited when I won the thing.

Thanks for the patience

Rick

8. deersako

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Looking forward to the pics Rick.

9. ricksengines

ricksengines Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Yep I am well intended but gimpin around here on one leg and the pups has cramped my style. Things are piling up in the shop including a 14 Walker chamber job that I have to complete. Well anyway I always enjoy reading the various posts that newbies and old hands alike contribute to the forum.

The pups are growing up quickly and are now almost six months old. They are smart as whips and keep Sharon and I on our toes. Actually, its nice to have dogs around the house after we lost our last rescue. We debated not doing another rescue because of our age but just couldn't stand how quiet the house was with no big dogs around to fill it and our hearts.

Just hang in there as the Hornet is really outstanding. I got really lucky and paid about half of what I think it is worth on the auction.

rick