1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

High sale prices

Discussion in 'Pre-WW2 Sako military rifles and variations' started by Esoxlucius, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Are WW1 and 2 gun prices high in your state or country

Poll closed Monday at 6:22 AM.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Esoxlucius

Esoxlucius Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    I know this doesn't directly involve sako rifles but why are WW1 and WW2 rifles selling at such high prices. I mean it is mind blowing at the amount of what I was paying for these guns 5to7 years ago to what they are selling for now. I don't just mean the American rifles either. The allied countries of the wars prices have risen double also. I bought a mosin nagant carbine for $150 a couple of years ago... Bayonet attachment and everything a beautiful rifle which is now being sold for the upper $300 range. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and I hope it's in the correct forum.

JFish

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Everyone seems to have looked up one day and found that that seemingly inexhaustible stock of surplus rifles we grew up with from the 1950's on had not only been absorbed by the market, but the vast majority of them had been salvaged, cut up, "sporterized", or otherwise had the integrity of their original configurations forever lost. There are only a relative handful of military rifles in their original configuration now available on the market, thus a shrinking supply and an increasing demand has moved the market much higher.

3. enotstehw

enotstehw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Mexico
    State/Region:
    US Hawaii
    Or . . . the value of the US dollar is dropping.:(
    :oops::mad::p:cool::rolleyes:

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    It's called collecting. There's no more of them to be had. Plus, right now the economy has been improving which really ramps up the value of collectable items.

I hope you still have your rifles.

I collect WWII Aviation gear. I also collect handguns German issued pistols, mostly P38's. Here are a couple pictures of my collection and some of my Nazi pistols.

Attached Files: