• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Help model identification

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Scutum

I need help with the identification of a valmet model, I only know that it is a 243 caliber, the markings do not eliminate doubts. Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Help model identification
    IMG-20221215-WA0008.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 26
    IMG-20221215-WA0006.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 25
    IMG-20221215-WA0007.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 24
That appears to be a Valmet Hunter (Valmet Petra in Europe) that someone has militarized by changing the furniture and adding a 20-round magazine and an AK muzzle device. The wooden furniture appears to be original to the gun. The stock has been reworked to a more military style; the forend is original. The plastic furniture might be Russian or Bulgarian. The magazine does not look like original Valmet; it may be a modified Yugoslavian mag. The .243 caliber and the screw retainers for the top cover identify it as the Hunter model. If you could post a photo of the markings on the left side of the receiver, that would help to nail down the ID. A photo of the bottom of the magazine would help to ID the mag.

The Valmet Petra/Hunter was a derivative of the Valmet military semiautomatic rifles, which in turn are basically improved Kalashnikovs. The receiver used on the .243 Hunter is the same as the one used on the milled version of the .308 assault rifle. The Petra was normally sold with a 5- or 9-round magazine.

Parece ser un Valmet Hunter (Valmet Petra en Europa) que alguien ha militarizado cambiando los muebles y agregando un cargador de 20 rondas y un dispositivo de boca AK. Los muebles de madera parecen ser originales del arma. La culata se ha reelaborado con un estilo más militar; el guardamanos es original. Los muebles de plástico pueden ser rusos o búlgaros. La revista no se parece a la Valmet original; puede ser una revista yugoslava modificada. El calibre .243 y los tornillos de retención de la tapa superior lo identifican como modelo Hunter. Si pudiera publicar una foto de las marcas en el lado izquierdo del receptor, ayudaría a precisar la identificación. Una foto de la parte inferior de la revista ayudaría a identificar la revista.

El Valmet Petra/Hunter era un derivado de los rifles militares semiautomáticos Valmet, que a su vez son básicamente Kalashnikov mejorados. El receptor utilizado en el .243 Hunter es el mismo que el utilizado en la versión fresada del rifle de asalto .308. La Petra normalmente se vendía con un cargador de 5 o 9 cartuchos.
metroThank you very much for your answer, much appreciated. It is for a future purchase but it has indicated what I feared, it is a cannibal weapon with parts from another. Thanks a lot

What online translator did you use? "La revista" for the magazine of a firearm is "Un chiste." The funny thing is, they used the correct term (cargador) elsewhere in the same paragraph. And they used the conditional subjunctive correctly as well. One last question: Is "culata" the correct term for the buttstock of a rifle? It doesn't sound right, but my Spanish is rusty.

Siento lo del traductor en línea, stock es culata , magazine en Español es cargador, cargador de un arma .
Le pido disculpas por el texto tan mal escrito.

No apologies necessary as trying is 90% & translator is not always exact, especially with technical or hunting terms.
Welcome

Siento lo del traductor en línea, stock es culata , magazine en Español es cargador, cargador de un arma .
Le pido disculpas por el texto tan mal escrito.
Como dijo mi amigo Spaher, no hay ninguna razón de pedir disculpas. Los traductores online nos presta una fuente de diversión infinita.

Saludos.

No one ever need apologize for their efforts in a second language on this forum. We welcome everyone's participation. Feel free to post in your native language if necessary, but don't hesitate to post in English even if you're not fully confident. We are a world-wide community.

Nadie necesita disculparse por sus esfuerzos en un segundo idioma en este foro. Damos la bienvenida a la participación de todos. Siéntase libre de publicar en su idioma nativo si es necesario, pero no dude en publicar en inglés incluso si no está completamente seguro. Somos una comunidad mundial.
Thank you very much, I wish you a Merry Christmas, greetings.

Back