• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Happy Christmas all

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

David_S

Pack rafting Sep 2016 SCC.JPG

Yes, we do have snow in New Zealand but not normally at Christmas. This was last September - my son pack-rafting homewards the last 8km with pack and meat after the 85 Finnlight in 260 Rem brought down a young hind. Certainly the way to travel - beats walking! I had to hump it with pack and rifle, but then he had carried the raft in. We tried two packs for a while but the second restricted visibility too much and the water level was rather low in places.

David

PS I hope to continue the saga of the Finnlights (260 and 270WSM) in the Trophy section shortly if anyone still interested. Have an instalment almost ready but been diverted by earthquakes and have to suss out anew how to post a short video. (Photobucket has become almost unusable.) Have some great photos of the above trip to add too.

David - thanks - and I hope you and all your loved ones have a safe and Merry Christmas also - and the same goes for all SCC members !!

Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season to all you fantastic members!!

Jim

and I thought I was the only one that says Happy Christmas.
Happy Christmas everyone!

Yes, we do have snow in New Zealand but not normally at Christmas.
Those of us in the Northern Hemisphere never can seem to get our heads around the reversal of seasons south of the equator. When I hunted in Namibia (in the Namibian winter month of June), our host told us that the most popular drink at Christmas (during the Namibian summer) was beer. He said he had to order his Christmas beer six weeks ahead of time to be sure to get the order filled.

Latest posts

Back