1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings from Colorado

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by Lynn Rider, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Lynn Rider

Lynn Rider Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    By way of introduction I am a native born Coloradan. Born and raised in the south east corner of the state. ( epicenter of the Dust Bowl of the 30's). My interest have always been hunting and shooting. I bought my first bicycle with money made from shooting jack rabbits and selling them to the fur and meat processors.
    I bought my first Sako , a L461 Vixen Deluxe chambered in 222 Remington, a couple years ago. It is too pretty to hunt but it does shoot very well. I will have some questions on Sako rifles as I have plans to purchase more.
    Lynn Rider

2. Mongo44

Mongo44 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Hey, Lynn! Welcome to the forum. Fairly new here, myself. I think you'll find the site to be extremely informative and a fun place to learn about these fine firearms.

Do you have any photos, by chance, of your Deluxe Vixen? Members love to see pictures!

I have an L461 full Mannlicher stock .222 Rem and an L46 Heavy Barrel version (with a custom aftermarket stock), also chambered in .222 Rem. They're two of my favorites, although I'd love to have one of the Deluxe versions.

3. JackSvern

JackSvern Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Greetings, Lynn! Welcome aboard!

4. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    No such thing as too pretty to hunt. This deluxe has been all over the place and killed tons of game. It still looks great...

Caribou a.jpg Caribou b.jpg

5. Lynn Rider

Lynn Rider Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    It definitely looks good in that setting! A caribou hunt is on my list.

6. Lynn Rider

Lynn Rider Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    Thanks for the welcome. I have pictures and will post as soon as I figure out the process.

7. Lynn Rider

Lynn Rider Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    See if this works

Attached Files: