1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

FL resizing vs. neck sizing

Discussion in 'Handloads for all Sako models' started by Cali, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Cali

Cali Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Vermont
    I don't disagree with anything you said. But if it were a Ruger, Cz or most others it would have seen the k reamer already. A 1974 Anschutz mannlicher in excellent condition may just be better left as is. I will tinker for a load it likes a little bit more but don't really expect much.
    Plenty of ready-to-go varminters already living in the gun safe.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I'd agree. It would be a shame, just like with a pristine L46 Hornet or a Brno 465, to modify it since originality is important with such fine rifles.

I'll bet that some fiddling with neck-sizing the brass and experimenting with a couple of different powders, primers, and bullets will eventually find you a load that performs satisfactorily. But I'll be the first to admit that finding "satisfactory" can be a longer and more difficult process with the Hornet than with most other cartridges.