• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Deluxe 22 PPC Hunter

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

JohnSako

I have a LN, no box, 22ppc deluxe, serial number 187### that I want to sell but can find no information on it like how many made, what have recent sales been, etc. I've owned it since new. Saw several 6ppc standard hunters around $1250 and my new in box 6ppc example is marked 59/100 which I assume means it is number 59 of 100 produced so I'm thinking the 22ppc deluxe is a real rare bird! Any body know more?

Unfortunately, the SCC Factory Records don't extend as late as your rifle was made so it's not possible to know exactly how many there were. But anyone here can tell you that the PPC's in the Deluxe repeaters are something you don't come across all that often. Like any Deluxe, they'll bring good money, and like any of the scarcer calibers they will bring a premium.

What a particular rifle will bring depends on about a dozen different factors like how attractive the wood is (which is in the eye of the beholder, so is something you can't really pin down.) But more important is finding the right buyer who has the money and is in the mood -- that's the real trick to getting top dollar out of a rifle.

By the way, we all enjoy seeing photos of a fine Sako, so why don't you post some photos of your rifle?

Last edited:
I sold a mint 6ppc Deluxe about 2 years ago for 2600.00 and was disappointed because 2 weeks before one that wasn't as good as mine went for 3300.00 on Gunbroker . That one had a few stock dings and handling marks on it, mine was perfect. I'm thinking that the 22ppc version will bring a premium over its big brother, i know they do in the plain hunter version. No clue as to how many were made.

John
Please post some photos of your guns . . . it seems that photos have a better drawing card than the pen.
Current production Deluxes are in the $3000.00 range . . . so an older gun should bring more.

22 PPC 002.JPG 22 PPC 003.JPG 22 PPC 006.JPG 22 PPC 009.JPG Here are some shots of it as requested.

Attachments

• 22 PPC 002.JPG
    22 PPC 002.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 22 PPC 003.JPG
    22 PPC 003.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 22 PPC 006.JPG
    22 PPC 006.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 22 PPC 008.JPG
    22 PPC 008.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 22 PPC 009.JPG
    22 PPC 009.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 13
I would walk it on over to Gunbroker and slap a 2600.00 starting bid on it with no reserve. It should go for something north of 3K I would think.

Very nice rifle JohnSako. Certainly not too many of them floating around here in oz anyway.

One question for all you guys with the 6 & 22 ppc - how well do they feed from the mag? And how many rounds Can you fit in the mag?

Back