• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

December News letter, A year later........

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Banned
Well Guys, it all started a year ago last week. The Sako Collectors Club was started. Today we have over a 100 members and we add a few each week. Alot has happened and before our very eyes here in the U.S. we see history in the making. Another year a couple of new Sako's.

Deer Rifle Season has started here and I am sorry to report that the Sako's have not spoken yet. The wind is steady and the Deer are not movinf at all. The Rut appears over now as well. Just before the opening of the season Sako Safari and I went to the range on my farm. We tested out rifles and they shot well. In particular I shot a Blaser R93 Classic in 300 Win. Mag. This rifle is pretty nice a real take rifle with interchanging barrels. Under 1' MOA not bad not bad at all. But the day was not done not by a long shot.

I recently bid a rifle in an auction in St Louis MO. I bid on several as did Sako Safari. {Ralph}. He course the one with the golden horse show won three Sako Deluxes all like new all with truly exception peices of wood. I mean expceptional! If you are looking for a Sako Deluxe give him a call at 540-837-2941. You will not find better wood.

Anyway I was not so luck. I won a rifle though a Voere. Made in Austria in a Safari grade. Extra cross bolts and flip up sights wow! Nice Rifle! The only problem was who was going to shoot it.

Your see this rifle, well when you shouldered it you could tell something was different. It was ......let's say bigger. Well we decided to give a try. Out comes the box of Winchester ammo in 535 grain steel jacket. That;s rights folks it was the 458. Always wanted one and I had tried to buy a couple in a Sako but no luck. Well the big monent came and I shot it and when the gun when off if busted my lip. Pain and laughter came next. The Sako Safari shot it and while leaning against a tree he cut his hand on the bark of the tree from the recoil. More laughter and then we decided to try in a tough object I could not talk Sako Safari that his Jeep would work so we shot through a tree of 26" in diameter. Thats right throught it!

When we were through I looked at Sako Safari a life long friend and hunting partner and we smiled and said something I hope I never forget.

"Today I am a Man"​
I realize this is not a Sakos story and I have apologize to our new menbers that would not understand. But it is a Sako Story in a way. Two buddies dreaming of the Hunt to come and the husts of the past. We both own many Sako's and the Voere well it might as well been a Sako as we appreciated the craftsmanship as we would in any Sako.​
Sako Safari and I lost a dear friend the week before. A man that taught about the outdoors and how to hunt. We will miss him but each time we see a Deer or we are outside thier will be a shadow nearby. In the mean time he is probaly hunting in heaven with God's favourite rifle a Sako.​
Guy's I am off to Canada on Satutrday. I am going to Stenen SK for Whitetail deer. I am looking for a 140+ animal and maybe i will come home empty handed but with sme memories I hope. I will post some pix as well.​
Next month: Canadian Whitetails, a northern hunt in the great white north again.​
Sako Finnbear​
Manager​

Great newsletter, Finnbear. We all enjoy the info and insight. Our Sakos have not spoken yet either during the VA deer season (although the smokepoles have scored 4 bucks amongst the 3 of us). Good luck on the Whitetail hunt up north !...Can't wait for the report.

Hunter

Back