1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Clueless

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by gator18, Aug 18, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
?

I have a .223 marked Sako I with a serial number of 933795. Any Info? Imported by Stoeger

1. Model

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. info

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gator18

gator18 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alabama
    hey guys... First time caller... I got a sako marked sako I in .223 last night. Ser# 933795. I have a bunch of sakos and I have never ran into this problem. Can anyone tell me what I have. It was imported by Stoeger. I cant find any info on a Sako I. Thanks in advance .

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    You have a Model 75, action size I. The 75 wasn't stamped with the Model #, but was stamped with the action size, which in your case was the small action (roman numeral I). The other sizes were II (medium), SM (short mag), IV (long) & V (magnum). They were made from 1996 to 2006.

3. gator18

gator18 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alabama
    Thank you very much for your help. I should have know that as I have a Model 75 in .338. Thanks again

4. gator18

gator18 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alabama
    Well guys I got to shoot my new 75 .... It shoots much better than my vixen.. Just sayin.

5. South Pender

South Pender Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    I ran across this Sako in .22 PPC for sale and noticed it was marked Sako III. This has me confused. I assume it's a 75, but wonder why the action size would be designated III (which would seem to be larger than the II, or medium, action) given that previous Sako PPCs were usually on the smaller actions like the L461 and A1
    [​IMG]

6. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    IIRC, Sako initially announced there would be action sizes I, II, III, SM, IV, & V, but when production actually started dropped the separate PPC action size which I mistakenly thought was the III. It must have been the II that they dropped & just made the PPC on the III along with the medium action size calibers. Probably had to do with the bolt faces being closer in size. Just going by a fading memory, so if I need corrected again it will be welcomed.

7. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Out of curiosity I researched some old articles on the 75 & it was the II size that was not produced as initially planned. The II was earmarked for the PPC bolt face, but Sako decided it wasn't cost effective & made the PPCs on the III action. The III & the SM are the same length, but the bolt face & magazines are different for the Short Mag version. Didn't find any documentation, but I'm assuming the IV & V are also the same length but with different bolt face & magazine for the Magnum version. So in essence there are 3 action "sizes" with 5 or 6 bolt faces. Thanks to South Pender for his post & pic to clear up what can be a confusing subject!

8. ricksengines

ricksengines Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    There is a Sako AI 22 PPC single shot on GB now. Price is under $1500 in case anyone is interested.

rick

9. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Sako seems to have been a bit bi-polar when it comes to the x39 cartridges (.220 Russian, .22 PPC, 6mm PPC, 7.62x39) as they made them both on their "short" actions and their "medium" actions. This was true with both the A-series and the Model 75, it appears. The only one of these calibers produced in the L-series (to my limited knowledge) was the 7.62x39, which was on the medium L579. However, it would have fit nicely into the L461, and some L461's converted to this caliber are floating around. It is even possible that there are some factory L461's in 7.62x39, but at the moment I can't recall hearing of one.

Who knows: Were all of the heavy barreled PPC's built on the medium actions, with sporters mostly on the short actions? Or was there a mixture of both?

10. South Pender

South Pender Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    I suspect that the majority of the heavy-barrel PPCs were on the A1 action. Mine is, and several I've seen for sale are also. We also see quite a few on the S491 action.

11. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    I have both a single shot and a deluxe and they are marked as such...

thumbnail_IMG_3475.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3476.jpg

12. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Thanks for that info.

I bought four 6mm PPC's as one lot at an auction back in 2013. The two HB's were M75-III's and the two sporters were A-1's, which is why I had the impression that HB's were on the medium actions and sporters on the short actions. Maybe Sako went primarily to the medium action when they came out with the M75?

Does anyone have an M75-I in PPC?

13. paulsonconstruction

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Friend has an owners manual that came with his 75 that lists the actions & calibers available at the time he purchased his rifle.
    Action I:
    17 Rem, 222 Rem, 223 Rem
    Action II: not listed or mentioned
    Action III:
    22PPC, 6PPC, 7.62x39, 243, 7mm-08, 308
    Not sure when he bought it, but it was before the 204 came out. Saw on another forum where a guy said his III 6PPC had the same size magazine as his I action in 223.

14. Webphut

Webphut Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The PPC also were MOSTLY, not all, but most built with the varmint hand rubbed oil finish stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro