1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by sakojim, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Presently offered for auction on GB is item #630479687 TRGs M995 280 Rem. Relisted after short time listing for second time. Seller has a poor feedback record which is cause for concern. Nice rifle. Rare caliber for that model. Close examination shows nice condition. VERY close examination shows that the barrel MAY be an original Sako barrel of a different caliber that has been re-chambered to 280 Rem or an after market barrel. The barrel appears to have a coating so hard to tell, but the barrel pictures definitely do not show any stampings that are by Sako. The pictures are not of the best quality, but it is difficult to assume that the rifle is original by what can be seen by close examination. It seems to me that any seller that is honest would have declared this deficiency. This may be an example of a seller that is trolling for a sucker that bites without looking closely at what is being offered. Of course an expensive scope does sweeten the bait. Sakojim.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I'm not aware of Sako ever having chambered the .280 in the TRGs, so my guess is that it is a custom barrel. This doesn't make it an undesirable piece, but failing to inform potential buyers that the rifle is not factory original is always a no-no.

3. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Yes stonecreek, Sako did chamber the TRG-S in 280 Rem. I have been looking for one for years. Very rare along with the .308 and 9.3 x62 in the same M995. Now if you would be so kind please tell me that you have one you would turn loose. Sakojim.

4. sakojim
    This message by sakojim has been removed from public view. Deleted by sakojim, Mar 27, 2017.
    Mar 27, 2017 Show
  5. sakojim
    This message by sakojim has been removed from public view. Deleted by sakojim, Mar 27, 2017.
    Mar 27, 2017 Show