1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

Belly of the beast

Discussion in 'Sako Finnwolf VL63 lever actions' started by maxwatt, Dec 19, 2012.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. maxwatt

maxwatt Active Member

Country Flag:
    Norway
    514 is not pinned to the hammer 511.
    514 is hollow in one end and slides onto 515 with the spring and seats against the trigger guard 411.
    What are the dimensions of this mystery part?

2. Pastorreload

Pastorreload Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Tennessee
    Attached picture shows the three parts with the hammer nd mystery part to the right. Sketch gives dimensions of mystery part.

Attached Files:

3. maxwatt

maxwatt Active Member

Country Flag:
    Norway
    That is the damnit connector. Sits between the Flux capacitor and the trigger nut. It's only function is to make you shout profanitys and curswords when reassembling stuff. Just putt it in a drawer under some other stuff and don't ever think about it again. ever.
    But seriously though . I have not seen that part before. 100% shure it's from your finnwolf? And female thread in one end? Hmmmm :-?

4. Pastorreload

Pastorreload Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Tennessee
    Id be the happiest guy in the world if it isn't, and as much trouble as I am having with re-assembly I am voting for it isn't . Any hints on making assembly easier

5. maxwatt

maxwatt Active Member

Country Flag:
    Norway
    Double check ejector/extractor location in bolt before you put the bolt back in. It is possible to have the bolt head 180* wrong. Once you have the bolt assembled and get it in the receiver., have it forward while you attach the rear part of the receiver again. This is kind of tight fit, but don't use force.Once that is in place you need to get the bolt back to the rear position and the two connector links 303,304 down /out of the bottom opening. If you have the gun right-side up they drop down. Pull them back. Turn the gun upside down again. Hold the two cogwheels 419 to the lever with your thumb and index while connecting them to the connector links and swing the cogwheels in place . And seat the spring and guide. Press the lever against the seated spring to compress it a little while you get the pin that attaches the lever in place.

6. Pastorreload

Pastorreload Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Tennessee
    Thanks greatly. I will give it a try after I finish zeroing this AR10.

7. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Sent you a PM with some additional info

8. Pastorreload

Pastorreload Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Tennessee
    Thanks for all your help. I got it asembled, see pictures. Three shots a 100 yds came out pretty good. One thing I found strange is it will not take full length .308 cartridges. Max length is 2.75 inches, instead of SAAMI 2.8. Is this normal?

Attached Files: