• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Anschutz accessory rail

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Webphut

I have been little by little working on improving my range shooting setup getting ready to transition from the 100 yardline to the 300 yard range. One of the things I notice is the rocking motion in my rifle while reloading. After doing some googling, I seen the Anschutz accessory rail and many benchrest style front rifle rest ride plates that can be mounted to these. Has anyone had one installed into the forend of their rifle stock? Its currently looking like something I may do to my Sako 6PPC. The integral scope mounts unfortunately have already been drilled by a previous owner, so with this in mind, I figure since its a keeper, why not. I hate changing a beautiful rifle, but I would like to squeeze out the most accuracy from the rifle as possible. Anyways, let me have it! I know the Sako 6PPC is no benchrest rifle, but its been a great rifle for me to see if benchrest is a path I want to pursue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an Anschutz rail installed on my Omark .308. A builder friend installed it and did a really neat job.

I have seen pics of a Brno Mod 2 with a slider plate that attaches to the forend using a stew into the front swivel hole - rather than undertaking some drastic surgery on you stock I suggest exploring something like this approach first.

If worried about wearing/pulling the screw out of the wood you could epoxy a D&Ted boss in a recess in the barrel channel at the front swivel hole so you could use a metal thread screw rather than wood thread, and preserve the outside look of the stock.

However, it's your stock and rifle so do whatever is best for you.

Marcus

Yes I seen one that hart rests make but too narrow. But I do like. Also got to thinking that this is a factory rifle and the examples that I have been reading about when researching proper rest set up, they are all those custom benchrest actions, so they probably close and open really easy with the lightest twist of the bolt too. Sako makes a really really refined rifle is what my gunsmith was telling me. There is not a whole lot to be improved on compared to other rifle brands if I understood him correctly.

Yes I seen one that hart rests make but too narrow. But I do like. Also got to thinking that this is a factory rifle and the examples that I have been reading about when researching proper rest set up, they are all those custom benchrest actions, so they probably close and open really easy with the lightest twist of the bolt too. Sako makes a really really refined rifle is what my gunsmith was telling me. There is not a whole lot to be improved on compared to other rifle brands if I understood him correctly.

Back