• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Also a new member and just bought my first Sako

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Wanted to introduce myself and very pleased to have found this forum! I have a number of Remington 700 and based rifles along with some custom actions. I just purchased a Sako L61R rifle in 30'06 via an auction. I have not received the rifle yet, but it looks great. From all that I have read and heard, these are superb rifles.

I have been trying to research the year of manufacture and it has been challenging.

Looking forward to good conversation and learning about Sako rifles from the folks here!

If its serial number is higher than about 48,000 then no precise records are available to tell you exactly when it was made. However, various features such as the checkering pattern, bolt lugs, sights, sling swivels, import mark on bottom of barrel, etc. can give a clue as to its approximate year. Post some photos along with the SN and some of the guys here can get you to within a couple of years, plus or minus.

Here is is #513507 The pics are from the Auction

Attachments

• 363-6.jpg
    363-6.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 363-5.jpg
    363-5.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 363-1.jpg
    363-1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 363-2.jpg
    363-2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 29
Michael-That is what I call a "transition rifle". It is made just before the L61 became the "Alll" and the coking piece was changed for blow back safety purposes. Rifle looks like it spent lots of time at home.

I received my rifle and once cleaned up, the rifling looks fantastic, very sharp and clean. I am excited to put some good optics on it and see what I can do with it. The rifle is in great shape and is my first Sako. I have a lot of Remington 700 based rifles and a number of pre-64 Winchester model 70 rifles. The Sako feels very well made! Heavy trigger though...

Latest posts

Back