• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

A7 Magazine Wont hold

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Kamifish

Hi guys - was having a problem with my 7mm magazine and cartridges popping out, not an uncommon problem I guess.

I bent the tabs in a bit, solved the problem, but now the magazine wont stick, and keeps falling out of the gun. Did I mess up the magazine here?

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I did here and how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Not too many guys here with the more recent model A7, so it may take a while to here from them & if they have any solutions. The cartridges "popping" out is a common problem & I here that Beretta is supplying replacement mags to cure the issue. I do know that it takes quite a bit of "up pressure" on the mag for the release button to work, so it may be yours is not going in far enough to latch securely. Regardless, both problems are a factory flaw & inexcusable, IMHO, & should be corrected by Beretta at no charge to you. Stop the DIY repairs & get Beretta to stand behind something other than their profits. Really unfortunate that Beretta has attached the Sako name to this rifle, as the more I learn about it the more disappointed I become. Hope you get it fixed, as I did hear they shoot quite accurately.

Hi guys - was having a problem with my 7mm magazine and cartridges popping out, not an uncommon problem I guess.

I bent the tabs in a bit, solved the problem, but now the magazine wont stick, and keeps falling out of the gun. Did I mess up the magazine here?

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I did here and how to fix it?

Any help

Had a similar problem with the mag in .243 and bent the lips successfully. Think its best not to top load even though it's supposed to be an option. Think sako could have went to the top of the class if the mag was similar to the finnlite

Not too many guys here with the more recent model A7, so it may take a while to here from them & if they have any solutions. The cartridges "popping" out is a common problem & I here that Beretta is supplying replacement mags to cure the issue. I do know that it takes quite a bit of "up pressure" on the mag for the release button to work, so it may be yours is not going in far enough to latch securely. Regardless, both problems are a factory flaw & inexcusable, IMHO, & should be corrected by Beretta at no charge to you. Stop the DIY repairs & get Beretta to stand behind something other than their profits. Really unfortunate that Beretta has attached the Sako name to this rifle, as the more I learn about it the more disappointed I become. Hope you get it fixed, as I did hear they shoot quite accurately.
Shouldn't be that hard...I think if it's pushed up at a point close to the latch it becomes habitual and easy enough

Latest posts

Back