• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

A1 6mmppc sporter

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

richarde270

I have purchased an A1 in 6mm PPC . I dont have the gun yet and I need to know the twist rate??
I would also like to know about chamber space.. will I need to neck turn the brass??
being a clip fed sporter model I'm hoping not.
I have box of Sako ammo and 100 new Norma brass. Do I need to invest in a neck turning tool to reload for this gun????
any help appreciated
Thanks
Richard

Thanks for your question Richard. I have had two A1 6PPC sporters and they both had 14" twist barrels. I did not need to turn necks on factory Norma brass. I have Lapua brass too but never loaded any. Not clear on your comment about your rifle being a clip-fed sporter. The A1 model is fed by an internal magazine. Loved my 6ppc sporter. Accurate, easy to shoot, and effective on small deer out to 150 yds with 75gr Sierra HP. Hope this helps and good luck with your new Sako. Bill.

Richard,
As mentioned above, the chamber will suit the standard neck diameter. no need to turn cases. I have never owned one but the standard twist rate for 6PPC in 14tw, so any PPC weight bullet will shoot well.
L-46

Thanks for your question Richard. I have had two A1 6PPC sporters and they both had 14" twist barrels. I did not need to turn necks on factory Norma brass. I have Lapua brass too but never loaded any. Not clear on your comment about your rifle being a clip-fed sporter. The A1 model is fed by an internal magazine. Loved my 6ppc sporter. Accurate, easy to shoot, and effective on small deer out to 150 yds with 75gr Sierra HP. Hope this helps and good luck with your new Sako. Bill.

BILL! Where have you been? I was afraid that something had happened to you, but I had misplaced your number, etc. and had no way to check on you. Welcome back!

BILL! Where have you been? I was afraid that something had happened to you, but I had misplaced your number, etc. and had no way to check on you. Welcome back!

Hi Steve. Some personal issues prevented me from staying active. However Im back and Looking forward to catching up with all my friends. I hope all has been well with you and your family. Bill

Steve, I'm wondering if my A1 Deluxe 6ppc has any brothers? I've never seen any mention of another. If you remember the rifle was a special presentation by Stoeger to Top Flite Firearms as an outstanding dealer, which I subsequently purchased from them several years ago. Bill

Steve, I'm wondering if my A1 Deluxe 6ppc has any brothers? I've never seen any mention of another. If you remember the rifle was a special presentation by Stoeger to Top Flite Firearms as an outstanding dealer, which I subsequently purchased from them several years ago. Bill
I've seen one other 6 PPC Deluxe. It was on an A-I action.

I do know that when fireforming Lapua 220 Russian for the Sako factory chamber I had to neck turn the brass, Sako brass was fine. Norma loaded ammo was snug, almost like I was shooting a neck sized round through it. If you have Sako brass I would advise that you shoot if first and measure a fired case, add 1 thou and take the guess work out of it. I'm assuming most of the 6ppc factory Sako's are going to be pretty close, after that it's a crap shoot.

Sakotex, do you still have that gorgeous work of art? Good to see you're back, I've been awol too.

Latest posts

Back