1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

A deluxe Finnwolf

Discussion in 'Sako Finnwolf VL63 lever actions' started by topgear, Dec 11, 2012.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Me too. Just to be clear it’s not mine. Just proof at least one is out there.

Me too.

Its in .308 which makes it even that bit more special if that's possible!

I believe it was 1963/64. Serial number is < 50.

Sorry that's all I've got.

No

Its been pretty nice to just confirm they are out there. I'd be pretty sure there would be more than just one. Now to find a VL 100 in .300 H&H and a AL73 in .300 Win Mag.:D

2. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Wow !!!!

Threads like this is why I continually come back to this website. Thank you so much, TopGear !

DeerGoose

3. sraaw

sraaw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Topgear, you keep comming up with amazing finds! Next your going to tell us you have bought this one as well?

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Well, I know where there is an AL73 in .30-06 at least. Not in the U.S. or Australia, but it is for sale (as part of a lot of 60+ guns). The seller is rather optimistic in his pricing, however, so no one has thus far moved on the lot.

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Topgear, do you know the owner of the Finnwolf?

6. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Great find Topgear !

A presentation rifle for a staff member
    perhaps ?

7. grinch

grinch Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    other
    Its just a special grade stock and its not the only one. Sako custom shop delivered several. In that case S/N 47 was no "deluxe", it was a gift from custom shop to the former Sako Sales Director at his retirement in 1963.

No big thing, the gun was offered in Finland by the grandson.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 3:25 AM
  8. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Your initial post was well worth editing grinch.

If you personally find anything on the web worth sharing, please feel free to do so.

9. grinch

grinch Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    other
    Will do. Showing sources on web results helps to avoid pointless speculations. The pic is from an actual finnish source which also explain the background of the gun. BTW it's bad style to cut out and posting pics from other sources without declaring the source. Especially among fans and collectors. I don't blame topgear, may be he found the pic on a third place posted there by someone other. Thats the web. But thats also the way senseless discussions starts, cause someone cutted out a single pic from a complete story.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 9:13 AM
  10. SSR MK1

SSR MK1 Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    other
    Sako made in year 1963 200 Sako VL63 rifles and a small amount of them was Deluxe models (according Sako rifles book). First 3 Deluxe-rifles was with bofors barrel (2, 12, 47). If you look these serial numbers: 2, 12, 47, 3373, 3856,5000, 5808, 6948, 7603 and 9259 you´ll see Sako factory made VL63 Deluxe model.

11. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Its listed in the records as a deluxe. Being gifted to an employee doesnt make it not a deluxe. Im not sure what your on about grinch.
    I saw the original posting proably before anyone and knew the background story but that doesnt make it not a deluxe. Or a senseless discussion as you put it.
    Im happy to not post at all if that makes people happy? To me it was a big thing as it was photographic proof sako made a deluxe finnwolf.

deergoose likes this.
  12. grinch

grinch Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    other
    All the questions from serial number up to the owner are answered in the story. And the gun in absolute new condition is to buy for about 2300$ (US) in Finland.

Ok, let's be friends again.

What about that beauty? Never seen such an enchanting stock like this. S/N 7102

de Luxe, another special edition or individual customized stock by Sako?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM
  13. dhv

dhv Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    You could have provided the reference to the Fin site to avoid sounding......, I dunno......, hypocritical? :)