• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

90th Anniversary 450 Rigby

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

QLD

Hi All , There's a 90th anniversary 450 Rigby coming up for sale in OZ no. 4/10 (not mine) apart from factory testing , unfired . Some photos were sent to me in case I was interested . In your opinions what would be a fair price in say US dollars in your relative countries even if you wouldn't normally use a rifle in this calibre . Thanks Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20231208_080050.jpg
    IMG_20231208_080050.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231208_080025.jpg
    IMG_20231208_080025.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231208_080128.jpg
    IMG_20231208_080128.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231208_080101.jpg
    IMG_20231208_080101.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 24
Quite a bit as it is a limited edition Anniversary Model, engraved, factory scope, only 10 existing, etc.
Not a direct response, but attached are listed seller values for 2 non-anniversary .450 Rigby Safari’s, a new Safari “Premium” and a used Classic Deluxe with their respective prices in $US.
These are not apples to apples as your friend’s rifle should have a substantial value over these two, albeit a very small market of buyers in this caliber.
A beautiful example of a limited edition Sako Safari.
Merely an opinion to a question asked and no offense intended, again…
IMG_2315.jpeg IMG_2314.jpeg

Thanks Spaher for your reply , yes it's difficult to know , there may be some information about the 2 that where auctioned in the US if I look online . Some of our other members may have had experience with these limited editions .

Just found an earlier “string” on this forum from 2015.
Titled, “90th Anniversary”, references Australian buyer, etc…

Latest posts

Back