• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

7x33 cartridges available again!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Thanks for passing that on, Jim! That's great news for those of us who have one of the little rifles. Now, if only we can find a Sako ammunition importer who will include some 7x33 in its inventory. By the way, who does import Sako ammunition to the U.S.? I don't think Beretta handles it, but I may be mistaken.

Anyone interest in placing an order in Canada, Gobles firearms, in london ontario imports Sako ammo.

Bob

Hey stone,
The Sako website has a list of worldwide distributors. For the U.S., it is Beretta USA in Accokeek, MD.
Will

Hey again Stone,
I am interested in Sako ammo as well. Just got off the phone with Beretta and was informed they stopped importing Sako ammunition about 5 years ago, because it was to expensive and no one was buying it.
Will

Hey Bob,
Just checked the Gobles website and all they listed for availability in Sako ammo is .22 PPC, 6 PPC, and 9.3 X 66.
Will

I wonder why Beretta even took over the importation of Sako stuff. They to put little to no effort into marketing Sako rifles or giving people what they want. I think all they care about is cranking out pistols for the military, which will end eventually. also, how many shotguns can you really sell at their prices. I wonder what it would take to get the importation rights.

kaindog,
SAKO is one of Beretta's holdings. Beretta owns SAKO, or at least the majority of the company, and they dictate what is imported to the US and other markets. There is a sitting Beretta person (Mr. Franco Beretta) who is in Rhiimaki and the President of Sako Finland.
I agree that Beretta USA does not put much into advertising or marketing the SAKO products here in the US. If you know the complete SAKO product line, you can request a specialorder on items that are not imported.
That's the way it is for now. On ammunition, I know that SAKO makes the brass for Federal (Cape Shok, for instance) and Federal gets them in the US where they are plated, primed, loaded and topped.
For now, it's just a fact of life:neutral:.
S-A

Will:

I emailed Dave at Gobles, he indicated I could special order some 7x33 for me, and if there was enough interest he would stock them, meaning less cost to us.

If your interested send him an email, he has my order already.

Bob

Hey Bob,
That's cool he can do that for you. I don't need 7 X 33, but would love to have some .300 Win. Mag though. Also, you may have thought I am in Vancouver, B.C.. I'm in Vancouver, Washington. Don't think he could get anything across the border, and probably would not be cost affective anyway.
Will

S-A,

Well I guess I have to start playing the lottery..... buy Sako from from Franco and have offices for all of us! No seriously, I guess I was ignorant in not seeing that Beretta was that involved. Their influence is apparent in the new models. Not sure how I feel about the new guns, look a little too modern for my tatse. Oh well, who knows what the future holds.

Well if all of u guys mail Beretta and say u are interested in this ammo, and explain that it realy is people here that want that hard to find ammo. Maby they get some over. Perhaps even write to sako Finland and explain the problem.

Beretta should serve theyre customers. Having a Sako make u a customer.

Live in Norway myself, and i know that people here have been sending mails to Sako several years, asking them to produce more ammo. Finaly they did. It helped.

Keep on pushing. :)

finskspets,
I think you are correct with regard to the EU communities going direct to SAKO, but going through Beretta USA (especially for concerns from older rifles) would take more than a "push".:sad2:
Thanks,
S-A

Stonwall2:

You are right, they emailed after the fact, saying that their supplier did not intend to bring them in,

Bob

Hey Guys,
I'm new to the forum, but I've been a huge fan of SAKO products for years. As a Guns & Ammo staff contributor, I went to Finland last year to experience the country and learn everything I could about SAKO. I asked them this same question about ammunition after an eye-opening range experience using SAKO ammunition. I, too, want to see Beretta start helping SAKO import their ammunition. In fact, there are a few rifles in unique chambers that never make it to the US market for this reason. I've kept up with this ammunition issue and stayed in their ear this year. I'm told now that they are working very hard to work out the import regulations in an attempt to bring it this way. However, they are not making any promises for now. Knowing that I couldn't bring SAKO ammunition home with me, they compromised and gave me some empty ammo packaging boxes to use in photos we take for the magazine. I "almost" got them convinced to send me home with a bullet board, but that was quickly shot down.
I'll send them an e-mail today for a status report to see where they are at on this issue.
Best,
Eric
Eric R. Poole, Editor
InterMedia Outdoors

Latest posts

Back