• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

7 X 33 L46 on GB

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

ricksengines

Sako-addicted
No doubt many of you have seen the 7 X 33 on GB over the past several days. On the surface this might seem to be a very collectible rifle commanding a rather stiff price but to me the devil is in the details. The rifle has been re-blued, restocked, I don't know about the rear sight on the barrel as I have never seen something like that before. Judging from the bolt, tt doesn't look to me to be in all that great a shape either. All this said depending on the reserve it might be worth some sort of restoration. The owner said he pulled the original stock to make it available to us collectors for copying. Not a bad idea but it seems to me that leaving the original furniture on the rifle would have garnered a better price at auction. It certainly would have enhanced the collector value. I guess I don't understand why a person would pull the furniture off of a rifle as rare as this one is. Once that happens the two will probably never join up again.

Also there are several boxes of ammo listed in other auctions so if you have one of these rifles now might be the time to pick up a box or two of ammo.

I hope that info was useful to some of our rare Sako collectors.

rick

Hi Rick

Just had a quick look. The rear site is correct and that is what they should look like. Graduated out to 300. All the metal work looks original to me. The original stock would have been a birch stock with that style of safety.

There is also a nice L46 .22 hornet over on guns international
http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...ifles/sako-l46-22-hornet.cfm?gun_id=100647383

This one looks all original and is the export version from the same era. Notice the different safety.

I wonder with a lot of guys getting older there maybe a few more of these beautiful old rifles hitting the market?

Cheers John

Hi fellas, the GB rifle looks to be tastefully restocked and restored, very nice. As John said, all metal work
looks to be original.
Great offer by the seller to have the original stock up for grabs to the club for duplicating too.

Latest posts

Back