1. For reasons unknown to us at SCC, it seems that SCC members who are AT&T users experience issues with emails and personal messages when using our forum. This is not unique to SCC and several other internet sites are reporting the same issues. Todo10, the company who helps us with the forum and hosting, have file a complaint with AT&T but we are not convinced AT&T will do anything about it. The only way around this is to register and use another email address not connected to AT&T. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause! Please check this link for more info: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Blocked-Domain-Email-or-IP-address-Questions-and-Discussion/td-p/4961060/page/28 More info will come when we know more! With kind regards Jim aka L61R
    Dismiss Notice

6 Point Bull Elk With A Sako 75 300 WBY Deluxe

Discussion in 'Show us all your beautiful Sakos!' started by kirkbridgershooters, Nov 5, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    I left early this morning and just got done cleaning up some of the mess associated with the elk. It is always a lot of work, but worth it...

thumbnail_IMG_3884.jpg

sraaw, deersako and NPhillips like this.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Congrats, Kirk!

3. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Well done Kirk.

4. kirkbridgershooters

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    Elk always looks good in the back of the truck...

thumbnail_IMG_3908.jpg

5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Agreed . . . but the guys that put them there usually look like crap by the time it's accomplished.

6. kirkbridgershooters

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    It is 5:00 A.M. here and I hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. Thank goodness I still have some painkillers left over from my knee surgery...

7. Kingsmen

Kingsmen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Well done, Kirk. Dandy elk. I find bringing home meat to be enormously gratifying. Congrats

8. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Way to go Kirk. I always love to see pictures showing great success with cold weather evident. We went to our west Texas lease this past Friday for opening whitetail season Saturday morning. The morning lows for saturday/sunday were 70 with the afternoon highs at 92. Friday morning when we arrived the day before season opening it was 36, but by Friday afternoon it was 80. All typical for our west Texas lease. What wasn't typical, was the bucks moving like the rut was starting. Not with their nose in the crack but they seemed to be on the hunt. In 25 years on that lease, I've never seen the bucks like that on opening weekend. The mesquites were also dropping leaves. Highly unusual for this time of year on our lease. The start of the rut is usually between November 15th and December 1st. Thanks for all your posts and all the pictures you attach.
    Don

9. manager131

manager131 SCC Manager SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Douglasstwo: Where is your deer lease? If your path to and from takes you anywhere close to Hamlin by all means stop by the store. Lots of guys on the forum stop by to buy or trade, but mostly just to look and talk Sakos. I've had forum members from East Texas, Oklahoma, and as far away as Massachusetts stop in on their way to West Texas deer leases. Sako guys are always welcome! https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...e289c10fd1f4f!8m2!3d32.8815767!4d-100.1255851

10. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Hi Rodger.....man are we going to have a good laugh! And it's my fault for having a forum "handle" that some of you are familiar with and very seldom signing my "real" name after a post. I have been stopping at your store for a few years now on my annual trip to Ruidoso, NM. I was at your store waiting on you to come back from lunch about a week ago the day you opened after your Florida trip. Saying our lease is in west Texas may also be throwing you. I grew up in Odessa, therefore I think I am from west Texas. Our lease is at the caprock between Ozona, TX and Sheffield, TX. However, I went to college at WTSU in Canyon ( 15 miles south of Amarillo, TX for those not familiar) and well know that folks from Amarillo claim they are from west Texas. But I disagree.....they just wish they were from west Texas. Can't wait to see you again and have a good laugh!!
    Don

11. Woodsman

Woodsman Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Congratulations! Well Done!

12. kirkbridgershooters

Country Flag:
    USA