• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

461 222 rem mag

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

6x47 is a popular bench rest cartridge and is made from the 222 mag case. The case will continue to be available for some time to come. I'd have to look but I may have some brass out in my garage. When I took off the 222 mag barrel and put on the 223AI I sold about 500 pieces of new brass but I know I kept some in case I wanted to put the old barrel back on.

I'd look for brass on Gunbroker or buy the fully loaded Nosler stuff (if you can afford it) and reload it when it becomes necessary.

6x47 is a popular bench rest cartridge and is made from the 222 mag case. The case will continue to be available for some time to come. I'd have to look but I may have some brass out in my garage. When I took off the 222 mag barrel and put on the 223AI I sold about 500 pieces of new brass but I know I kept some in case I wanted to put the old barrel back on.

I'd look for brass on Gunbroker or buy the fully loaded Nosler stuff (if you can afford it) and reload it when it becomes necessary.
Reed's Ammunition in Oklahoma has new 222 mag avail now (Mashburn) $27 for box of 20.

Catching up on an old post. Saw an L461 in 222 Mag for sale. Read somewhere that the twist rate is 1/16 and may not shoot 60 grain bullets well. True?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catching up on an old post. Saw an L461 in 222 Mag for sale. Read somewhere that the twist rate is 1/16 and may not shoot 60 grain bullets well. True?
False. I've never measured any of the Sako .222 Magnums I've owned, but various sources list the twist as 1-12". Can't say whether that is true, but any of them would shoot a 60 grain bullet with no indications of bullet instability.

Some very early (1951 or so) L46's in .222 apparently used the same barrel that Sako used for the Hornet with approximately a 1-16" twist. I have one of those. The heaviest bullet I've had occasion to use in it is a 55 grain which it shoots quite accurately.

Ok. Cool. Gun has been bought but there will be others. Seems like a cool caliber. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back