• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

21 century lever action

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

maxwatt

Have you ever seen a lever action with a suppressor? or a x56 scope, or a kydex comb riser and a ergonomic custom grip?

I think its time to show off my finnwolf here since I have changed it quite a bit…
So here is my 21century lever action hunting rifle.

I have managed to "ruin" this gun almost entirely myself.

I know this is a collectors site, but this is not a collectors piece so I do not have any regrets for doing these alterations or changes.

I had a gunsmith shorten the barrel to 48cm, mount a silencer and replaced the hammer spring with a stronger one. The silencer is a hunting model in alluminium and is lightweight and very effective. Combined with a shortened barrel the balance isn’t that different from original.

I have made the kydex comb riser myself and glued it on with a soft adhesive that can be scraped of if I ever want to remove it.

I had to get a weaver rail in order to get my scope mounted.
The scope is a GIGANTIC 3-12x56 zeiss victory davari m (rail) with illuminated reticle and bdc (ballistic turret)

It is one of the heaviest scopes In the universe, but is just fantastic to look thru.

The grip was way to small and thin, so I tried to make it fit my hand with something called sugru.

It’s a rubber that you can shape any way you want and it hardens after a day or two.
I had to sand it down a bit since I used too much. I also had to cut away some of it that flowed in under the lever.
I also made a palm swell, and it is soo much better now. It is perfectly shaped after my hand with a thin glove on.

Well...I have not till now...How does it shoot? For what purpose is it customized for..Hunting...Target?~Bloorooster

Last edited:
Well, regardless of what some may think about your rifle enhancements, they likely won't find fault with your taste in optics.

This is my hunting rifle. And i do not want to damage my hearing any more than i already have, so that’s why I needed the can on the end of it.
I am never ever going to shoot a rifle without hearing protection or a silencer again.
I used it A LOT this season and did get a smal roe buck with it.
Half way in the season I felt I needed to confirm my zero since I had hunted a lot and got wet almost every day.
The first shot (bench at 100m) was DEAD on. Then I removed the silencer and used my cars fan to blow it empty to get a true cold bore shot. Waited for the rifle to cool down and put the silencer on again.

The next shot was about 25mm of.
This is about as tight as I have got this gun to group three shots.
The next ting I am going to do is try to bed the action (when i get the nerve)
I free floated the barrel and then had to modify the front hanger to get the action screw to grip it tight in the stock again. But now there is alot of sideways play betwen the stock and action...

Your experience with accuracy is very similar to mine. The hanger can be a real challenge to get right. I am going to attempt to bed one of my FWs to get more support but the accuracy is just fine now. I can understand the can up to a point but there is hearing protection available that is not invasive. Good luck with your project.-Misako

I know this is a collectors site, but this is not a collectors piece so I do not have any regrets for doing these alterations or changes.

maxwatt - if you like it, I like it. I'm a big believer in using all my rifles too and while some maybe be seen as collectables by others to me I only have them because I like to use them for hunting! Any chance of a photo of the roe buck? I got a chance to shoot a little buck a couple of years ago in Scotland which was pretty cool. A borrowed rifle (.270 Heym) which also had a massive silencer like yours. One thing I was surprised by was the weight of the thing - it was really heavy! It made the light barrel Heym feel like a heavy barrel rifle!

Do you feel they upset the balance of the rifle at all?

I'm sure the moderator weighed a couple of kgs! Is yours the same?
RoeHunt1.JPG
Small roe buck below which we got, they are a interesting little animal. This one sure was tasty. One day I hope to get back for a hard antler version!! Notice also the rifle had a comb riser too - maybe moderators and comb risers are roe deer rifle standards ? :D
RoeHunt2.JPG

The silencer is only 310grams, my scope is over twice that. It dont really make any difference
The rifle weighs in at 4,5kg unloaded.

Here is the buck. Shot with 308 Barnes 130gr tsx at 150m.
A little messy on the exit side though.

Very nice Maxwatt and thanks for posting the photo, that one is a very light coloured Roe compared to ones I saw. I suppose they change a little bit through the seasons in colour or is there lots of genetic difference between the different countries with Roe deer?

Please keep posting up your kills with the "wolf". We all love seeing sako's out doing what they do best!

Cheers John

Latest posts

Back