• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Talley quick release bases and rings

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

atticus

I am inquiring, if anyone has used the Talley bases, and quick release rings on a sako? I am considering them on my l61r, with my zeiss in one set of rings, and a dot type sight, for close woods stuff. Thanks for any feedback

I use them (and the Talley peep sight) on both Sakos and other rifles. What would you like to know?

Last edited:
Robinpeck, I guess my question is, have you had any issues, and would you recommend them? I think I already know the answer, but just inquiring about experience

No serious issues...I wouldn't use them if there were. Next to vintage original Sako rings, they are my favorite. As expected the fit and finish is excellent. They are handy if you want to routinely switch scopes on the same rifle. And they seem to return to zero...close enough for any hunting purposes. I use the lowest height I can find, since because of the additional base, they do add some height. They are useful for bigger scopes. I use old original Sako rings when I want a smaller scope very close to the action. If you use the Talley peep you have to file off the rear lug on the rear base so the sight can slip on. But it gives you another option aside from the original Sako peep. (The rear lug on the rear base doesn't seem to do anything anyway.) The only real issue up here in Canada is the expense...but of course they are cheaper in the US.

Back