• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

NEW CONTEST: L46 .25-20's

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

stonecreek

SCC Secretary
SCC Board Member
Folks seemed to enjoy the last contest on guessing production numbers, so let's do another one.

I have run the inspection and shipping ledgers and am pretty confident that I found all of the L46 in .25-20. These were made by Sako between 1948 and 1960, but so far as I can find, were never commercially imported to the U.S. So they are extremely rare birds west of the Atlantic and east of the Pacific.

The object of the contest is to guess the total production of Sako L46's in .25-20. Respond to this thread with your guess before Midnight, Thursday, Jan 25 (forum time). The person who guesses closest to the actual number will receive a free Level 2 factory records search. And remember, the winner of the last contest guessed within ONE of the correct number!

775, I'm cheating because you already posted the count in the thread where Bees and Hornets counts were posted.

rick

Folks seemed to enjoy the last contest on guessing production numbers, so let's do another one.

I have run the inspection and shipping ledgers and am pretty confident that I found all of the L46 in .25-20. These were made by Sako between 1948 and 1960, but so far as I can find, were never commercially imported to the U.S. So they are extremely rare birds west of the Atlantic and east of the Pacific.

The object of the contest is to guess the total production of Sako L46's in .25-20. Respond to this thread with your guess before Midnight, Thursday, Jan 25 (forum time). The person who guesses closest to the actual number will receive a free Level 2 factory records search. And remember, the winner of the last contest guessed within ONE of the correct number!
Stonecreek, based on the facts - I'm interested in one of these L46's in .25-20 and would love to see a photo if any one on the board has a photo? Is this model as expensive as it is rare?

Stonecreek, based on the facts - I'm interested in one of these L46's in .25-20 and would love to see a photo if any one on the board has a photo? Is this model as expensive as it is rare?
So few sell that it is difficult to know how much one might bring in the U.S., but I can only speculate that since the .25-20 is about the scarcest caliber of L46 in the U.S. (and maybe anywhere) one should bring more than the Hornet or the Bee. Here is a thread with photos of several L46 .25-20's: http://www.sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/25-20-heads-up.12695/#post-66749

I’ve been pretty lucky with this caliber and actually have 5 of them. These three below, a deluxe and an old beater that had the barrel shortened and threaded. Great cal. When using lilgun powder and 75 grn projectiles.
59EE0412-44B5-47FE-9006-691D39191076.jpeg

Latest posts

Back