• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New Member from Indiana

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hello from southern Indiana. I have recently started a gun collection. I currently have three Sako rifles-a Vixen Deluxe in .223 caliber, a Coltsman in .243, and the most recent a Finnwolf in .308. All are nearly like new and the Finnwolf came with it's original box and owner's manual. I have a similar problem with the Finnwolf as several other owners have had. This rifle ha the 2x2 magazine and will not load the right hand side cartridge. It appears the cartridge comes up to low and to the right and hits the front edge of the bore. The magazine appears to be almost new with no modifications that I can see. I have seen several possible solutions, but none I am capable of doing. There appears to be no capable gunsmiths in the area. Any thoughts

Tom Hurd
[email protected]

Hello - I recently had the same problem with both of my Finnwolfs and was able to correct it via slightly bending the curved metal "lip" on the right side of the detachable mag so that each round properly, and smoothly, fed while cycling the lever. I did this very gently with a pair of needle nose pliers. Lastly, it's a good idea to make sure both action screws are torqued snugly so that there is no issue with the space/gaps between the bolt and magazine when loading a cartridge. Good luck!

Hello - I recently had the same problem with both of my Finnwolfs and was able to correct it via slightly bending the curved metal "lip" on the right side of the detachable mag so that each round properly, and smoothly, fed while cycling the lever. I did this very gently with a pair of needle nose pliers. Lastly, it's a good idea to make sure both action screws are torqued snugly so that there is no issue with the space/gaps between the bolt and magazine when loading a cartridge. Good luck!

Thanks for the information. By observation it appeared that the front right side of the magazine was preventing the cartridge from moving to the left and close to the bore. Did you have to bend the entire length of the lip. The magazine is made of rather heavy sheet metal and appears it would be difficult to bend. I am not sure I have a pair of needle nose pliers that are heavy duty enough to do that job. Did you have to repeat the bending process multiple time to move it enough to do the job?

Thanks again,
Tom

Hello - I used a standard pair of needle nose pliers and slowly bent the front third of the sheet metal. Was not hard to do so. Just go slow as to not over do it. Thanks!

Hello - I used a standard pair of needle nose pliers and slowly bent the front third of the sheet metal. Was not hard to do so. Just go slow as to not over do it. Thanks!
Paul,
Thanks again. I followed your instructions and with my needle nose pliers I was able to lift the front edge of the right front lip. This appeared to let the cartridge move up and to the left. After three tries I had moved it enough to let the cartridge enter the bore. I believe I have the problem solved, thanks to you. From observation I thought the lip might be the problem, but would not have tried this until I got your message.

Tom

Latest posts

Back