• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Considering selling my Coltsman L579

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Damir

Hi everyone

I am thinking about selling my Sako Coltsman L579 308. I hate gun broker so would rather sell it directly or ship to qualified dealer. I had it sitting in my safe for many years and I just dont use it enough. It is very accurate pretty rifle. I have no idea what should be the asking price as I just could not find any of these for sale anywhere... any offers and opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1285.JPG
    IMG_1285.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1286.JPG
    IMG_1286.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1289.JPG
    IMG_1289.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1290.JPG
    IMG_1290.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1292.JPG
    IMG_1292.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 88
Hi everyone

I am thinking about selling my Sako Coltsman L579 308. I hate gun broker so would rather sell it directly or ship to qualified dealer. I had it sitting in my safe for many years and I just dont use it enough. It is very accurate pretty rifle. I have no idea what should be the asking price as I just could not find any of these for sale anywhere... any offers and opinions are welcome.

You're supposed to list the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These come up every once in a while. The market for proprietary Sakos is hard to judge, but generally speaking your rifle would sell for less than a factory Sako Deluxe in comparable condition. Looks like the stock is quite dinged up, so your market may have shrunk some. Various other Coltsman models are quite common & listed on many of the gun auction sites, so that may give you a starting point for setting an asking price for your deluxe model. As Davis said you must put a price on it as this is not a bidding/auction site. Offers should be made & countered thru the personal message system. Good Luck!

There is pretty good demand for the Deluxe version of the Coltsman, particularly since they appear to have been made entirely by Sako rather than put together by contractors in the U.S. like some of the standard grade Coltsmans. However, a Deluxe is hurt more by wear than are standard grades. People who are buying Deluxes are usually looking for pristine or at least very clean rifles rather than simply "shooters". Unfortunately, a Deluxe which shows quite a bit of wear will only bring a very small increment over a standard in similar condition.

This guy is MIA. He showed up to sell his Sako and hasn't been back since he posted over a year ago. Thank goodness this site lets guys like this to come here because I got this Pre-Garcia, Bofors 223 from someone that wasn't interested in this site more than for selling a rifle...

DSCN5252.JPG DSCN5254.JPG DSCN5259.JPG DSCN5260.JPG

That is a beautiful rifle.

I like gun Broker. Its linked me with buyers I would never have accessed. I have been able to try guns and then move them on if not suited to where I wound up. Most of the time I made a bit of money, sometimes quite nicely.

I had a few hard to sell but niche collector guns that I found a buyer for.

Back