• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Information required on rifle

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Tinus

I inherited this rifle some years ago and is doing some research. Help appreciated... is it a sako? Its a 30-06 caliber. It has Bofors stamped on the barrel and some other charachters I cant make out.

Attachments

• IMG_4217.JPG
    IMG_4217.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4219.JPG
    IMG_4219.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4221.JPG
    IMG_4221.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 46
It is a Mauser- type action that might be fitted with a Sako barrel. It looks like a custom stock. A full length LHS and RHS photo would be helpful but may not be any more definitive.

Marcus

Thanks for the response. Some more photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4228.JPG
    IMG_4228.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4229.JPG
    IMG_4229.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4231.JPG
    IMG_4231.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4232.JPG
    IMG_4232.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4233.JPG
    IMG_4233.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for the extra photos. While they don't provide me with anything more definitive (there are much more knowledgable people out there) they do show a nice solid rifle of classic muted design. I really like the shape and proportions of the stock - lovely cheekpiece and straight comb, and a shapely forend that has a slight taper towards the front.

Two interesting a specks I noted were that the action looks like it has been D&Ted on the right hand side for a receiver sight, and it looks like the rings and mounts are stud type Hillver/Tasco World Class items.

Marcus

Latest posts

Back