• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Peep site variations and dates

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

vigo

Hello, would like to start a thread about the Sako peep sights. As far as what I have seen in person, and what I own, as well as what is shown in the F.I. Catalogs and Garcia catalogs, there are two styles/types, and one of the types with date and proof mark. Carl

Hello Carl,

There is a lot of information on the SCC regarding Sako Peep - Sights. If you go to the top of the page on the right hand side, and put in Peep - Sights, you will find pages on the subject. By the way there are 3 types of Sako P - S's Mk. 1, 2 and 3 all with different styles. I have all 3 and my favorite is the Mk. 1.

Regards

Blackjack

Blackjack! Great suggestion to use the search feature. This will let anyone access volumes of information and discussions on nearly any subject regarding Sakos.

Hello Blackjack. I have not heard of, or seen the peep sights designated as Mk 1, 2 and 3. All of my catalogs and retail price lists from F.I. (1962 - 1970) Garcia (1971 - 1976) and Stoeger (1978 - 1980) , refer to the rear aperture sight as a "peep sight". No reference at all to a designation of specific model or type such as Mk (Mark 1, 2, 3). I have the "L" or 90 degree sights and the angled shroud sights, and have only seen these two styles offered in the catalogs in my possession. There very well may be one for the 1950's model Sako's that differs from the two I have referred to, yet I am not sure where the "Mk 1, Mk 2 and Mk 3 designation came from. Maybe these designations were used outside the U.S., but the 18 consecutive years of catalogs and price lists for the U.S. market refer only to the sight as a "peep sight", and during that 18 year time frame, there are only two variations. The only unique feature I have seen and own are the year stamp of '67 and '68, and the crowned lions head stamp on the angled shroud sight. Also, I did a search of the SCC regarding peep sights, and there is a lot of info, but no pictures identifying what a Mk 1, 2 and 3 peep sight looks like. Carl.

Thanks douglastwo! You saved me a lot of searching time. I was unaware of the middle one with the small aperture and the angle instead of the rounded L. I am still curious about the designation of Mk 1, 2 and 3 and where it came from. Carl.

Hello,
Well I was only aware of two variations of the peep sight, then I saw the photo's on this forum showing three. I was browsing E-bay today and found what appears to be a fourth. the three shown here on the forum are; 1. The rounded edge "L" with the large diopter, 2. The angled edge "L" with the small diopter, 3. The sloped shroud with the small diopter. There are two on e-bay that are the rounded edge "L" with the small diopter. Search E-bay # 252594291563 and 272385113678. Maybe these are just variations of one type? Carl

Interesting thread.

Do the different types of dual range peep sights all fit all Sako's with the tapered dovetail? Will they all work for different models of Sakos?

I would like to have one for my L46. Will any of them work and allow me to zero the rifle?

Thanks for any information.

Back