• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello from Denmark/Hej fra Danmark

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

TheDane

I was guided towards this place by a colleague to just gave me his .222 L46 for free, serial number 416xx - a abandoned .223 project. I was searching for a .224 kaliber rifle as a hunting rifle for Roebuck and beaver when he wrote me " It's yours if you want it. The bottom metal is just for scrap and the magazine is proberly missing"
I jumped at it, and is now waiting for the firearms permit :)
Had a Sako 75 in .223 15 years ago - sold it for some unknown stupid reason and there has been a soft spot for Sakos ever since..

Living in the small Nordic country called Denmark - which have one of the worlds strictest laws regarding gun ownership.

Cheers
John

Welcome, John.

My son and I had a marvelous hunt for pheasants and mallards in Jutland and sea ducks off the coast near Svendborg last December. We swapped hunts with a couple of Danes who we hosted here for whitetails.

Congratulations on your L46. You can find aftermarket magazines in the U.S. for reasonable money, and perhaps even salvaged bottom metal if the rifle requires it. The little .222 will do practically everything that the .223 will, including efficiently put down your roe deer.

Welcome, John.

My son and I had a marvelous hunt for pheasants and mallards in Jutland and sea ducks off the coast near Svendborg last December. We swapped hunts with a couple of Danes who we hosted here for whitetails.

Congratulations on your L46. You can find aftermarket magazines in the U.S. for reasonable money, and perhaps even salvaged bottom metal if the rifle requires it. The little .222 will do practically everything that the .223 will, including efficiently put down your roe deer.

I hope the hunts You and your son had in Denmark was as good and fun as it could be and that my little country presented itself from its best and most friendly side.
I was born in Jutland and now live just 20 miles north of Svendborg.

As to the L46, the waiting period until I can get my hands on it is almost the worst part. The only things I know at this moment is the issues regarding the bottom metal and magazine - everything else is unknown and can be both good and/or bad.
Both the bottom metal and magazine seem impossible to locate in Denmark:(
But I figured these parts could be found somewhere around the world - and now the search begins :)

I hope the hunts You and your son had in Denmark was as good and fun as it could be and that my little country presented itself from its best and most friendly side.
Thanks, and yes, we found Denmark to be very friendly and the people inviting. We had a wonderful time there. Our hosts went to a great deal of trouble to make sure of it.

If you have difficulties finding any of the parts you might need once you have possession of your L46 then be sure to post your needs here on the SCC forum. A member might have what you need, or can direct you to where to find it.

I'm glad to hear that of my fellow hunters :)

That sounds great Stonecreek - once I have the little L46 safe and secure in my hands I'll post a "resurrection-thread" and I'll take it from there... It seems there are people from all over the world in here, so I guess anything is possible ;)

Hi Rick

Thanks - I'm already on the lookout on eBay, Egun.de and Danish auktionsites...
Especially the bottom metal seems to be a rare item to locate..

John

This looks like a trigger guard for a Sako L46. Better hurry as it is up for Buy It Now.
eBay item number:

rick

I tried :( Seller claims it's a felony to ship it out of the US !!! Is this true ? Not even in Denmark would this be the case...

Sounds pretty crazy to me if it was the case.. I've had anything besides barrels and actions sendt to Denmark from Brownells, USA and never had any problems like this.. Maybe seller just misunderstood something or just won't ship it abroad for some reason o_O

The magazine holder is also listed. It is a bit rough but a little work over on the wire wheel and a re-blue job should fix it. There are no restrictions on sending the two parts to Denmark. I checked the Postal Service restrictions and the two parts do not seem to qualify for restricted international shipment to you. The seller probably does not understand this or just does not want to fill out the international form. Cost is nothing but the postage costs are more than domestic service rates. Suggest you ask the seller if they are willing to check the USPS sit on this. I sent some obsolete Atlas Mill Parts to a collector over there a few years back. Only had to fill out one simple form at the post office. I made several shipments at different times with absolutely no issues. No export license was required.

rick

Thanks again Rick
I'm in contact with seller, trying to persuade him to send it to me...He raised the price a bit in the meantime but that's the way it is... He has it - I want it..he determines price..

I am not afraid of a bit of rust or a reblue. Been doing this for the past couple of years...

John

Latest posts

Back