• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

New member from tasmania

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi Guys
Just brought my first sako in a 85 finnlight 300wm.
I have a question about a problem with the cases getting a mark on the on the shoulder of the case. The rifle has no feeding issues and everything seems to work fine. I just noticed while putting a few cartridges back in the box that they had a few makrs on them ??? 1463903950948852977327.jpg

Welcome. From the looks of the dent it took some considerable force to dimple the case that much. Assuming they were just cycled through the rifle I would check the mag. It is possible for the follower spring to be installed bassackwards.

rick

Welcome.
Looks like damage done by the magazine when recoil shakes the cartridges back and forth inside. With the Finnlight in 300WM the recoil is pretty severe.
Happens more or less with all 85's in big calibers.
I don't think those dents cause any problems. Maybe shortened case life if you reload. If the rifle shoots fine I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Had a similar problem with 223 cases. It was caused by a build-up of lube in the die when resizing.

Latest posts

Back