• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hi from Oz

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Boris

New Member.
Well I have an L461 HB in 222 Rem that I bought new in Dec 1974 for $214.19. It has been well cared for and well used, but not for a while. Years fly by. In 2015 I bought a used P94s in good condition to keep the 222 company. I'm still partial to Sakos, so hope I qualify to join Sako Collectors. The 222 always shot well. The P94s shoots OK, but I'm on a mission to make it shoot better, so I'll likely post on that subject in the near future.
Cheers
B.

Hi BOris, welcome. From another Ausie....$219.19 wow..... You wI'll need to show a pic. N maybe where you got it....

Welcome Boris. I think we all love the triple deuce here! I'm sure there will be someone on here that can help you with the P94s.

Just had a look at the CPI and $219 in 1974 is about $1550 in today's $s. Interesting how the value of money changes.
I bougth the 222 fron a small husband and wife gunshop business in a suburban back yard . Couldn't happen now. Sad.
B.

Hello Boris,

I have a Sako HB .222 Rem. Serial Number 153502 which I think was made around 1974, but not really sure.
Does your rifle have the pin through the cocking piece? My HB .222 Rem. has really lovely wood with lots of
Tiger stripes through the walnut. Like yours mine is in very good condition, and little used.

Regards Blackjack AKA Mike The Limey

Firstly, my apologies the price above was inflated! Should have been $214.19 not $219.19! My serial is 129xxx, so a bit before yours Mike, assuming they run sequentially. My timber is straight and plain, but you can't win em all. Seeing as you are a Sako owner I won't hold it against you being a POM. :)
B.

Back