• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako L46 Hornet on GunBroker

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

ricksengines

Sako-addicted
Hi All,

I meant to post this a few days back but didn't get a chance to until now. There is a very rare Sako L46 in .22 Hornet up for auction on GunBroker. It has a full Mannlicher stock and looks to me to be all original (I'm no expert) except for the trigger.

Yep, as you can imagine it is pricy but what a neat little rifle to own if you are a collector. Just thought I would share what I found. If someone on the forum ends up with this please be sure to post some additional pic for us to see and drool over.

rick

Thanks for posting Rick. Its an interesting one for sure. I take it the barrel is 24 inches just by the look of it, not 20 inches as stated in the listing. Also I don't believe they made a carbine length with that stock configuration. It also looks like it has had the stock modified at the front of the cheek piece, maybe for a left hand shooter? But it could just be the camera angle. Anyway an interesting one for sure.

Well this one gets more interesting! Its hard to tell but I make the serial number out as #16194

If so this rifle actually gets a mention in the Finnmark Newsletter #44 and was also included in the hang tag database that got put together. I wonder if the seller still has the original hang tag?

I took another look. You got the serial number right. I can also see where the stock has been modified in the front of the cheek piece. Question is, what should the price be on this piece. I'm thinking in the $2's but that is based on nothing but my gut.

rick

Well . . . my dad always said . . . you can always come down in price . . . and you can never go up when some one says I'll take it . . . and you cant catch a big fish with just a hook and sewing thread.

I've just bought a sako l46 in .22 hornet! What price was this one up for? Can't find it on the site now.
Mines got the normal stock and 20" I think. (It's turning up today)
Barrel has got a tiny bit of putting but just wondering what the going rate is and hoping I didn't get my pants pulled down!!!

Back