• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Rhiimaki in .222. 50s vintage

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Got this Sako not long ago serial # 4893x year of production was told by seller it was the 50S ?? what is app value these days. I would think overall condition would be 90 to 95%+

Thanks in advance for any info

Attachments

• sako 222 001.JPG
    sako 222 001.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 93
  • sako 222 002.JPG
    sako 222 002.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 88
  • sako 222 003.JPG
    sako 222 003.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 86
  • sako 222 009.JPG
    sako 222 009.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 89
  • sako 222 015.JPG
    sako 222 015.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 83
  • sako 222 016.JPG
    sako 222 016.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 86
That should make you very happy. It is in very good condition for a rifle that old. You should take the scope off of it and send it to me for disposal. It is unfair to have it on a rifle that is that accurate. -Misako

Manitou: It is impossible to tell exactly the date of production by the SN, only a general idea. But the Deluxe version of the L46 didn't come along until the late 1950's, and the L46 was produced up into 1962 (with a handful somewhat later). So late 50's or the first couple of years of the 60's would be as close as you can get without access to the factory records.

Sako values can be all over the place depending on a plethora of variables, but in general, Deluxe models start at $1,000 USD in used-but-unabused condition and go up from there. Yours has a replacement butt pad, but that doesn't hurt price too much if everything else, including the finish, is original.

The bottom metal engraving is a pattern I don't recall seeing, and I don't think it is in our collection of bottom metal engraving patterns. It would be great if you could post a larger, more detailed photo of it and the moderators can place the photo in the SCC archives.

Well that is the second one I saw recently. Member enotstehw just recently posted one a short time ago. Odd to have two show up so close to each other.

Manitou: It is impossible to tell exactly the date of production by the SN, only a general idea. But the Deluxe version of the L46 didn't come along until the late 1950's, and the L46 was produced up into 1962 (with a handful somewhat later). So late 50's or the first couple of years of the 60's would be as close as you can get without access to the factory records.

Sako values can be all over the place depending on a plethora of variables, but in general, Deluxe models start at $1,000 USD in used-but-unabused condition and go up from there. Yours has a replacement butt pad, but that doesn't hurt price too much if everything else, including the finish, is original.

The bottom metal engraving is a pattern I don't recall seeing, and I don't think it is in our collection of bottom metal engraving patterns. It would be great if you could post a larger, more detailed photo of it and the moderators can place the photo in the SCC archives.

Amen to that L46. Best pattern I have ever seen. Were there many L46 .222 Rem. Magnum Deluxe rifles made.

Blackjack

Amen to that L46. Best pattern I have ever seen. Were there many L46 .222 Rem. Magnum Deluxe rifles made.

Blackjack
As far as the deluxe L46, they are few to start with, mostly in 222 then 222mag and then the others, if they ever produced any other calibres.

L-46

Other than the cobbled together "Deluxe" Hornet with a reproduction stock being offered by Custom Shop, I've never seen a Deluxe L46 in anything other than .222, and a precious few in .222 Magnum. However, I do believe that the Deluxe 7x33 from the "second run" of L46's that was discussed on this forum a while back was genuine.

Latest posts

Back