• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Adjusting the Trigger on an L461 Action

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

South Pender

Can the L461 trigger be worked down to a light pull weight? By replacement of springs or other methods? If not, is there an aftermarket trigger that will work on this action that can be adjusted down to something like 8 oz.? Looks like neither Jewell nor Jard make triggers for this action.

If you want 8oz, Canjar is probably your best option. I have factory target triggers under 1lb but I've never had them much lower and I wouldn't carry one in the field.

If you want 8oz, Canjar is probably your best option. I have factory target triggers under 1lb but I've never had them much lower and I wouldn't carry one in the field.
But Canjar has been out of business for years now, haven't they? Can they still be found?

They're available used and about the same price as a factory target trigger.

One complaint I have with the older Sako's is that the triggers do not adjust to my liking. Getting an after market trigger is difficult. If you have an A action Timney has a trigger for you. If you have an older L461 you're pretty much out of luck.

One suggestion I can make is to get a trigger shoe. Ebay frequently has the old Ace trigger shoes on there for not much money. What I have on my L579 and L461 is a #1.

The trigger shoe widens the area on your trigger finger giving you a better pull.

I have a friend who has a single set Canjar on one of his Sakos but it frequently breaks requiring you to take the gun apart and reset it.

One complaint I have with the older Sako's is that the triggers do not adjust to my liking. Getting an after market trigger is difficult. If you have an A action Timney has a trigger for you. If you have an older L461 you're pretty much out of luck.

One suggestion I can make is to get a trigger shoe. Ebay frequently has the old Ace trigger shoes on there for not much money. What I have on my L579 and L461 is a #1.

The trigger shoe widens the area on your trigger finger giving you a better pull.

I have a friend who has a single set Canjar on one of his Sakos but it frequently breaks requiring you to take the gun apart and reset it.
Thanks, all. My main reason for asking this question is that there's a beautiful Browning/Sako in 222 Rem. for sale (with really stunning wood). I'm now pretty used to light triggers, and, if it's likely that I could replace the heavy factory trigger with a better one, I'll probably buy it. However, if that's not possible, I'll probably pass.

In that case, "if it's likely that I could replace the heavy factory trigger with a better one, I'll probably buy it.".....I guess your going to buy it. The Canjar or factory target triggers do show up for sale and it's just a financial decision on your part. I would say a 300-350.00 decision will get you what you want, be sure and post pics when you get it.

Back