• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Jard Trigger

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Foxhunter223

Has anyone here installed a Jard Trigger on a Sako S491 ? If you have can you tell me what you thought of it and was it worth it ?
Thanks for looking and for any answers.
Pete

Good question. But no I havent but very interested to learn more about this JARD trigger system and its claims. But have seen them for sale and wondered if anyone has used one on ANY A or L series Sako? 14 oz pull sounds very interesting ...

Attachments

• JARD trigger.jpg
    JARD trigger.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 9
I didn't realize Jard built a trigger for the A/L series, their site only shows them available for the 75's.

The Jard triggers are only available for the M995 & the M75 Sakos. Haven't played with them to see if they could be adapted to the 91 series or the L/A series Sakos, but looking at the pictures of them & the way the sear protrudes above the trigger block assembly & the position of the safety lever I think it highly unlikely. Curious if anybody has tried it.

OK thanks Paulsonconstruction for clarifying that. second you on curiosity re anyone tried to adapt the Jard. I'll search the archives and try to find what other triggers are available for the L/A series. Nothing wrong with the Sako triggers but lighter than 2lbs could be very nice on my L461 222. The 222 is in almost constant use around the home paddocks, and the last one, an A1, which served well for nearly 30 years seemed to have a far better feel to the trigger than the new pristine L461 that has now replaced it.

Someone who is accustomed to working on Sako triggers can probably make your L461 trigger as good as any (non-set) trigger on Earth. I'm speaking now of going into the internals of the trigger, not just tinkering with its adjustments. And they can probably do it for less than the cost of even the least expensive replacement trigger you can buy.

thanks for that input stonecreek - maybe my previous one had this work done before I obtained it

Latest posts

Back