• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

SAKO Rings

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I just received a set of vintage SAKO rings. To my surprise they are stamped 26 on the bottom, not 25.4 (1"). They are in fact just slightly (.6mm?) too large for a 1" scope and not even close to 30 mm. Is their such a thing as a scope with a 26 mm tube? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Doug

Doug, no not mine but I wish it was. That cabin was my great grandfathers. My grandfather and his brothers and sisters sold the place, cabin and 100 acres in the Virginia mountains in 1905 for $450. Boy were those the days!!! The cabin is still as pictured today. Jim

Someone should be extremely happy to buy your 26mm rings from you. However, if you want to use them with a one-inch scope a simple single layer of electrical tape applied to the inside surface of the rings will usually adapt them perfectly to a one-inch tube.

Hello Doug,

All my Vintage Sako Rings/Mounts are 26mm. Most of my scopes are 26mm tubes. They are K. Kahles, Pecar Berlin, Nickle Marburg, Swarovski, Hensholt, Ogie, & Ajak. 26mm scopes here in England UK are used very much, although 1 inch {25.4} & 30mm scopes now dominate the UK market. I never did get why 1 inch & 26mm scopes were so close together. I think it was the metric take over from the old UK imperial measurement. I just wish that years ago Europe & the UK could of reached an agreement and standardized the tube size!

Merry Xmas

Blackjack AKA The Limey

Good Evening Sako Lovers,
Does any one know if Sako made a smaller ring size for thier scope mounts? I have a dandy little scope made by B. Nickel Marburg. Supramar 2 1/2 X 52 Made In Germany D.R.P. probably made in the 1950's or 60's. Only problem is the scope tube size which is approx 7/8 inch. This scope would look good and suite my L46 6,3 X 33 [.25-20 WCF] Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Blackjack AKA Mike The Limey

Mike,

I responded on another post, but I think that may have gotten swept in the dust bin during Jim's recent revamp of the site. At any rate,

Yes, Sako made rings for 22mm (7/8") tubes, and they also had bushings for these to reduce them for 3/4" tubes. However, these rings were solid and the scope had to be taken apart in order to slide it into them. Here are some for sale on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SAK...789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfc4f668d
Sako also made this style of solid ring for 1" tubes.

It seems as if Jim (L61R) may have had some 22mm rings in a regular split ring a while back, but I'm not sure. Maybe he'll see this and jump in.

An alternative is to use Redfield/Burris bases with their 7/8" or 3/4" rings.

Thank You Steve. I do remember your old post regarding these smaller rings, but could not find. My L46 6,3 X 33 has the rounded slightly curved bolt handle, plus the tangent sight close to the receiver so the B. Nickel scope would be just right, with It's straight tube.

B J

Hey guys!

I´m afraid I don´t have any 22mm (7/8") rings available. I need a set of my own for an old Pecar I have but will try to find some.

BJ, I´ll keep you posted if I do find some.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I miked the B.Nickel scope tube today - Metric 21.95 Imperial 1.862 Which is just short of 7/8 inch. I'm looking for a Mark 1 Peep for my L46 6,3 X 33 If you hear of one can you let me know. Thanks.

B.J.

B.J.,
You will find the single side early rings 22mm in the US and the two side split rings in Europe only,
I hope this helps, as for the early style peep your best bet is the US.
Looking forward to seeing the pics of your little beauty when it arrives!

L-46

Thanks L-46

How easy or difficult is it to find those early Mark 1 type Sako Peep-Sights?
That P S is the only thing missing on the L 46 6,3 X 33, and I would like to find one to complete the package! A friend of mine who runs a machine shop is going to make me a couple of split rings to go inside a pair of my low 26mm Sako rings and hopefully I can use the B. Nickel 7/8 inch rifle scope. That should should work, and I will continue to look for the 22mm Sako mounts/rings.

B. J.

That's a better idea just make some spacers out of the black plastic (Delrin) they machine. It will look after the scope tube also.
As for the peep. The early style has the large diopter they come up every few months you will pay from $75-120 usd.

L-46

Hello Sako Lovers,

Just to say I did not win the 22 mm Sako Mounts/Rings on E-Bay 6 th June. I notice that the 22 mm Sako R/M do not have Windage Adjustment, any idea way? They are however very well made and attractive.
Very hard to find in the UK, and I will keep trying.

Regards Blackjack

Blackjack,
They made both styles in 22mm.
The early ones were single sided screws while the later ones made windage.
You should also look in Europe they will be most common there.
L-46

Hello L46, { John }

Is there any way you could send a photo of the 22 mm Mounts & Rings with windage ajustment? as I have never heard of or seen any. Thanks.

Blackjack

Back