• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Firing pin spring replacement

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I have what I think is a Vixen action in 221 Fireball that is needing a spring upgrade for the firing pin. Primers are not always hit hard enough but other rifles fire the ammo fine. Does the firing pin unscrew ? There are marks that appear to be vise grip or something similar on the rear part of the pin. I tried gently to see if there was any movement but nothing moved when I twisted the pin gently. There seems to be a small pin in the rear of the bolt body at 6 o'clock but no obvious way to remove it. Im new to this forum and appreciate any help. Thanx for your time.

Greg- The 6:00 pin is the set screw for disassembly. If you don't loosen it, you will ruin the threads on the cocking piece and the shroud and bolt and firing pin can let go and injure you or someone close It "sounds to me" like the firing pin has been messed with and needs to be adjusted out to the proper stiking posture. The little set screw needs to be loosened for this, also.If you have the open shroud style bolt. the slot in the rear of the bolt is the back of the firing pin. Therin lies the adjustment.-Misako

Last edited:
Greg, sounds like you need to remove the firing pin assembly and clean/lubricate it. A good cleaning of the bolt body inside and if all looks good check the firing pin protrusion. You can make some mistakes if you are not familiar with these actions that can prove very frustrating. I am sending you a private message ,look at the top right of the forum page next to your user name for in box. Jim

Back