• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 VL 63 Magazines [3 round]: Proposed Manufacture Of 100... Or More ... 'Field-Grade' Finnwolf Mags Fo

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I have a couple of the 308 finnwolf mags. I believe they are teh 3 round, as they are flat bottom. Sold my finnwolf a while ago. Don't know what the mags are worth. Any info appreciated.
thanks
pablopac

:D Same answer leverlover gave pablopac in January.

I just assumed if you on here selling stuff you should be upfront and put it in the classifieds;) otherwise expect some aussie humor!

I was going to tell pablopac they were faulty and I was running a collection centre for these "unsafe" items free of charge :p

Sorry! new to the forum. I will find the classifieds and post. Just figured the finnwolf site wias the best area to ask about finnwolf parts. Was suprised to find two more mags here...

Sorry! new to the forum. I will find the classifieds and post. Just figured the finnwolf site wias the best area to ask about finnwolf parts. Was suprised to find two more mags here...
No problems pablopac and welcome to the forum. Yes please post up a price in the classified section with some photo's and I'm sure you will have some interest.

I love it. A little rant and everyone has got this idea up and running again. A plastic mag, good idea as long as it works it works for me. I have tryed to order parts from the USA just to be told that they won't send to Canada. I wanted to get a large loop done for one of my BLRs maybe it's because there is to much paper work or....hopefully a mag or two will find its way to me. I need the 3 round flat bottom one.
Depends on the part , the weapon, and the dealer. there are certain firearms where export requires a permit or is strictly forbidden ( such as Black rifles) most sporting guns not so much hassle. value over $100 is another issue. Finnwolf mags should not be a problem.

Hello, all.
For me, I felt it best to be a Sako owner before joining the Club. In the weeks before even making
moves to get a .308 Finnwolf, I resolved to locate, at least, one...'back-up' mag. Many days and hours
later with no luck getting an extra mag, I went ahead with getting a Finnwolf, serial # 104XX.
When my FFL pulled it from the shipping box, he said, "Gawd, it's not been fired". Indeed, the mag was
pristine, w/o any of the scratches,rub marks that appeared on a Feb. '10 GunBrokers auctioned mag
[$315, F.O.B.]! Now what to do, for an extra mag..or five.

I knew I didn't need-or wish-to copy Sako's fine finish of the mag bottom side. Coming up with a
field-grade mag for shooting, without damage to the rifle, would keep costs down, perhaps encouraging
others to join my little project. I did have some questions to answer:
1) Would a 3 round mag copy of a '73-'74 Finnwolf fit w/ease & be useable in an earlier made
Finnwolf? This question I'd ask of you, the Club readers.
2) Would Sako or the Feds or State enforcement folks care at all what I proposed doing? Am
fairly sure Sako doesn't care, as long as I'm not coping an original mag for sale as an "original mag".
My off-the-record chat with an enforcement-type retiree yielded a comment that "3 rd mags in a 35 yr +
lever-action rifle, from Finland, wouldn't warrant time or scarce resources".

With mag in hand, I made the rounds of local machinist shops. If made by a sheet metal
stamping process, there'd 4 separate pieces to this box mag: the case; the bottom plate that is spot
welded to the case; the 'leaf' spring; the plate that rides the spring, lifting the rounds. Though
expensive, I found a shop doing high-end bicycle parts that can machine the case and bottom
plate as one piece from a single block of steel. Or stainless steel or titanium! With a combined
case/bottom plate; spring and the lifting plate...you're down to just three pieces. No real assembly
issues in three pieces that fit together, but unattached or unwelded to each other.

For you folks that are still reading this stuff...What are your thoughts?
I'm in position to front machining start up costs. I don't wish to profit...and would really rather
have someone else - a Finnwolf C.P.A- handle TRANSPARENTLY any monies. One thought of mine,
is that although we club members are apart in miles, we could 'bundle' mag buying interest together...
possibly having a minimum order....2 or 4 or 10? I'm in for five, or so. How about pledges to buy X
number of mags? And if we get pledges reaching a 100 or 200 total...pull the trigger and go for it.
As to cost per mag, what would you pay....will you buy 3, if they're $100 each..5, if they're $75
each...10 mags, if they're $50? We need to gauge the combined interest.....

Regards,
stevespencer

Steve did you ever get any mag. made for VL 63 .308 because I an
m interested. David Brinn

please put me down for 2 three round mags and 0ne 4 round if it works well. and the cost is inside the 50.00$ range (Each) I was once involved in a project that would have taken a FN 10 round .308 mag and make it work , but after many attempts to get the smitty on board with the project I collected my parts and waited for what you got going , please keep me in the know on the project. [email protected] goodday.

Back