• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

WTS 1962 Sako Finnbear Deluxe .270 Cal.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

BigJohn

For SALE is this exceptional 1962 SAKO FINNBEAR DELUXE .270 Cal. Gun overall is in 98% ++ condition. This gun is from my personal collection. Bluing is perfect with just a slight bit of wear on the edge of the magazine cover as show in the pictures. The magazine cover is also inlaid with a silver game animal. The trigger guard is also inlaid with silver vines. The highly figured stock displays lots of flame grain with just a few minor handling marks. It has a rosewood grip cap with inlaid bear head outline and a rosewood forearm cap. The gun is scoped with the period correct Redfield 4X12 (USA Made) using original Sako mounts and rings. Also included, but not pictured, is the original Sako rear adjustable peep sight. This is truly an outstanding low serial numbered gun from the Pre-Garcia era. It has the renowned Bofors steel barrel.
$1950 shipped. Will include a hard case for an additional $25. Payment via USPS money orders or Cashier's Check.

Very nice! I suspect that with an SN in the 28,000's that it is a bit later than 1962; regardless, it is configured the same as the earliest of L61R rifles. The Deluxe equipped with a front sight is much scarcer than those with no front sight in the U.S. The sight hood looks like a non-factory replacement, correct? The Denver Redfield was the Cadillac of scopes when this one was made, selling for about $10 more per copy than a similar Leupold.

stonecreek,
You are correct. The SN puts the gun in the 1962 - 1964 range. Could be later than 1962. The Deluxe with open sites is rarer in the USA. The site hood was lost during a hunt in 1970 and replaced. The replacement was supposed to be Sako (that's what I ordered) but I have no way of verifying that. The Redfield was the premier scope of that era. Bottom line...you will be hard pressed to find a better condition gun from this period. Thanks.

Very Nice... Do you know of any Left Hand Sakos for sale... friends etc. I have two Finnbear Deluxes in LH, one 25-06 and the other in 270 win. Thank you and good luck with your sale. L. PATTON

Very Nice... Do you know of any Left Hand Sakos for sale... friends etc. I have two Finnbear Deluxes in LH, one 25-06 and the other in 270 win. Thank you and good luck with your sale. L. PATTON

Thank you. Sorry, I do not know anyone with left handed Sakos.

Latest posts

Back