• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako coltsman 308 on GI yesterday

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Sakogun

I saw a sako deluxe coltsman 308 (bofors) early this am that went for sale yesterday on GI. It looked mint except for pad being compressed from years sitting up. I was too late when I called this morning. What is one worth in this assumed condition? Thanks Matt

Update: it's still posted on GA although it's sold. It sold for asking price of $1185.

Matt
Since no one has got back to you, I'll try. A few of the guys here collect them . . . but most collectors here, stick with 100% Sako. I've asked some of the Colt guys to post target results . . . and none have. I'm not sure if the barrels are Sako rejects . . . however a Deluxe 308 Bofors with a bad pad should sell at about the same price.

There were quite a few different versions of the Coltsman. Earlier ones were put together by a contractor using barrels from an unknown supplier. The latest ones used the L61R/L579/L461 actions and some of those, particularly the Deluxe models, appear to have been totally made in the Sako factory. They differ only from contemporaneous Sakos in having Colt markings and unique floorplate engravings, also particular to Colt. These Sako-made Deluxe Coltsman rifles, because of their unique markings, sometimes bring a slight premium over a similar contemporaneous Sako.

Accuracy with the Sak0-made Colts can be expected to be similar to a contemporaneous Sako. Accuracy with the earlier contractor-built Coltsmans is variable. I've owned one or two which shot well, and one nice-looking one which simply wasn't up to par.

Latest posts

Back